Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zztex View Post
    Hinch just said again on tv that Kemp was making the team
    He’s out of options, so yeah he should be on the opening day roster unless they just want to let him walk and sign with another team which would be foolish in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by FlounderPounder View Post
      He’s out of options, so yeah he should be on the opening day roster unless they just want to let him walk and sign with another team which would be foolish in my opinion
      They wouldn’t let him walk, they would trade him. He has value

Comment

I think they are gonna trade Fisher, maybe to giants.

Comment

I agree but if he is left off the 40 man roster to start the season he would be exposed to waivers and could be claimed by another team, which would definitely happen because of his value, but I could absolutely see him involved as part of a trade in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by FlounderPounder View Post
            I agree but if he is left off the 40 man roster to start the season he would be exposed to waivers and could be claimed by another team, which would definitely happen because of his value, but I could absolutely see him involved as part of a trade in the near future
            Geez....I know how it works. He would be traded while still on 40 man. They ain’t gonna just lose him for nothing. If they decided to keep someone instead of Kemp or White, they would trade them. Both would start for a bunch of teams

Comment

We need to overpay Keuchel on a 2-yr deal to take McHugh's place in the rotation and keep Collin in the pen where he thrived last year.

Comment

Originally posted by CTD2011 View Post
                I wouldn’t be surprised. I like him, but it’s crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by lawbu View Post
                  We need to overpay Keuchel on a 2-yr deal to take McHugh's place in the rotation and keep Collin in the pen where he thrived last year.
                  They'd bump Peacock to the pen first.

Comment

Originally posted by lawbu View Post
                    No.

Comment

I so hope Keuchel does not come back. That was always a positive thought last year when I would think of him being gone.

Comment

Pitchers like McHugh and McCullers that rely on the big devastating hook need to be in the pen in my opinion. You can only throw so many of those before 1. The hitters catch on after seeing 3 or 4 of them and 2. Before your arm falls off halfway through season with the innings accumulated as a starter.

Comment

Need to trade someone, they’re definitely overloaded with outfielders, I’m thinking marisnick is gonna have a breakout season, he was catching fire late in 2017 before breaking his thumb, and in my opinion there’s not a better defensive outfielder in the league

Comment

Pitchers like McHugh and McCullers that rely on the big devastating hook need to be in the pen in my opinion. You can only throw so many of those before 1. The hitters catch on after seeing 3 or 4 of them and 2. Before your arm falls off halfway through season with the innings accumulated as a starter.
                            Agree 100%, as far as keuchel tho I still think he can be effective as long as he is getting the low strike call, it’s when he’s not and has to come up in the zone that he gets rocked, if they could get him for a the right price they should, but with boras as his agent I wouldn’t hold my breath

Comment

McCullers is out for the year with Tommy John surgery. McCugh is good because he does a good job of changing speeds. He’ll be fine in either role. I’d like to see some of the young guys get the call up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                He sure did ! Many a double play as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X