Roundup (glyphosate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roundup (glyphosate)

A quick intro video on what's been going on. Since I know a lot of you use it . . .

Last edited by Longue Carabine; 12-27-2018, 12:31 AM.

Not exactly a bipartisan video

Comment

Bad stuff, and people pour millions of gallons of it into the ground every year. Unreal really.
      Lots of Docs, and info out there about.

Comment

A good friend and hunting buddy of mine, who was exposed to a lot of "Round Up" over the years, has just been diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma.. It came up on him quick. Its bad.. He spent 27 days last month in MD Anderson.. Say a prayer for him if you get a minute...

This chemical is a very serious problem and I'm afraid the effects of this stuff will be devastating to many in the years to come...
        The GMO crap is been genetically altered to resist being sprayed with this chemical. Then its put into our foods...
        Last edited by PondPopper; 12-27-2018, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Ok. Ban it then what.........relatively certain that any herbicide/pesticide comes with risks take precautions to protect yourself while using it.

Comment

I am no supporter of any chemical but I wonder if the ones affected were following recommendations of PPE?

I had a friend, coming up on a year that he passed, that very well could have been a victim of glyphosate

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              I am no supporter of any chemical but I wonder if the ones affected were following recommendations of PPE?

I had a friend, coming up on a year that he passed, that very well could have been a victim of glyphosate
              My thoughts exactly on the use of PPE. Any chemical is harmful to your body when precautions written out on a label aren’t followed.

Comment

Lots of coulds and maybes?? Where is the direct link. Grew up on a farm know lots of farmers and havent heard of one of them dieing from roundup. Several from bad livers due to lots of drinking!
                If mis used just like most things it could be a problem. If it werent for roundup and other chemicals the food you eat would be alot more expensive. Pick your poision pun intend.

Comment

Man I spent many many summers spraying fence lines using Eraser which has the same ingredient. I usually wore gloves but I got that crap on me all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There have been over 1000 independent objecrive studies on it and 1 very biased zero tolerance study. The latter is the only one to supposedly find a link between glyposted and cancer - non Hodgkins lymphoma, which is one of the most common non smoking related cancers in the world.

The group the did the one study - Environmental Working Group, was defunded by the EPA bc of extreme biases and non repeatable "research ". The World Health Organization also said it is unlikely glyposted causes any cancer.

The one case in CA was won by the plaintiff bc his attorney argued that Monsanto executives deliberately influenced their own scientists on the studies and the attorney used EWG "research". Furthermore the plaintiff fell not once but twice into a tub of undiluted Roundup. He did not wear PPE and was exposed to thousands of more gallons of Roundup in a few years than the majority of people will be exposed to in their lifetime.

If the lawsuit had been in any other state than California I'll bet the outcome would have been very different.
                    Last edited by Dusty Britches; 12-27-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                      There have been over 1000 independent objecrive studies on it and 1 very biased zero tolerance study. The latter is the only one to supposedly find a link between glyposted and cancer - non Hodgkins lymphoma, which is one of the most common non smoking related cancers in the world.

The group the did the one study - Environmental Working Group, was defunded by the EPA bc of extreme biases and non repeatable "research ". The World Health Organization also said it is unlikely glyposted causes any cancer.

The one case in CA was won by the plaintiff bc his attorney argued that Monsanto executives deliberately influenced their own scientists on the studies and the attorney used EWG "research". Furthermore the plaintiff fell not once but twice into a tub of undiluted Roundup. He did not wear PPE and was exposed to thousands of more gallons of Roundup in a few years than the majority of people will be exposed to in their lifetime.

If the lawsuit had been in any other state than California I'll bet the outcome would have been very different.

Should have been thrown out the second it became clear that PPES weren't used correctly

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        A good friend and hunting buddy of mine, who was exposed to a lot of "Round Up" over the years, has just been diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma.. It came up on him quick. Its bad.. He spent 27 days last month in MD Anderson.. Say a prayer for him if you get a minute...

This chemical is a very serious problem and I'm afraid the effects of this stuff will be devastating to many in the years to come...
                        The GMO crap is been genetically altered to resist being sprayed with this chemical. Then its put into our foods...
                        We CANNOT feed the world without GMO’s.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post

Monsanto would like you to believe this.

Sure, it might take a culture change, but it could be done. What did we do before GMO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                            BS level 10. I thought obesity was the number one health concern. There are 1000s of acres of golf courses and lawn that can grow a heck of a lot of garden.

We just do not want to raise our own food.

Comment

I predict there will be a landslide shift in agricultural practices in a relatively short period of time focusing on practices that build soil health, sustainable agriculture, less dependency on petroleum based fertilizers, and less dependency on herbicides/pesticides. There are already trend setting farmers achieving record yields with higher nutritional crop content more cost effectively than traditional ag. I believe many current practices are unsustainable

Is glyphosate a danger to man and ecology? Perhaps a better question is if there are more elegant life building solutions for soil, man and habitat.

Comment

Working...
                              X