No announcement yet.

Iowa Park Hooves and Horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read the article. That's pitiful they wasted that much meat. I hope they get the book thrown at them.

Comment

I was super disappointed to hear this and was also planning on trying them this season, but after like 2-3 weeks they stopped accepting deer because their freezers were full. I also saw them advertising trying to hire butchers during the season. Seems like whatever the circumstances were they could not handle the work load. Whitakers is the best processor here but unfortunately they are limiting their intake to 1,200 deer a year and only a certain amount a week. We really need another quality option in Wichita Falls, located on the highway they would definitely get plenty of business.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
        Terrible Waste. Story says it was from January 2020.
        It is 2021, they didnt even open until this Fall. Sec. of State paperwork was filed I believe in July 2020.

Comment

Probably a labor problem. I know a guy who recently got out of the business because he couldn't find/keep people to help do the butchering. Many of these places are in smaller towns where there's not much of a labor pool. He said his last season just about killed him - of the thousand deer they took in he processed the majority by himself. I can see how that would get old quick.

Comment

Working...
          X