No announcement yet.

Ammo gougers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had 4 cans of .556 with 840 rd.s in ec. Box ,had 3 boxs stolen from me ,I’d been stocked up for over 20 yr.s , now I,m down to 1200 rd.s if anyone wants to trade ammo for custom knives or a vortex strikefire ll red dot scope paid $200 like brand new still in the box text me @ dimeboxbill@yahoo.com ...Or just call randy 281 891 5234

Comment

You guys beat the same group of dead horses every dang day. Find something new to complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
        You guys beat the same group of dead horses every dang day. Find something new to complain about.
        No.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          No.
          LOL!!!! Thanks for your honesty!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            No fighting, everyone stand in line in a orderly fashion and they walk up to the counter one at a time and buy their ammo and leave. It just takes 2 1/2 hours out of your day.

I supply my boss with ammo, so he's cool with me being out on Monday mornings.
            Is it always monday, and does this apply to every academy location? I just want some .22 lr to do some plinking with.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
              Is it always monday, and does this apply to every academy location? I just want some .22 lr to do some plinking with.
              SA stores were mon, we'd, and Fri. But the store I went to this morning said their truck will start coming Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post

Each store differs on when they get trucks, this week has been very off it seems for deliveries. Some stores you have to get there hours early for a chance to buy anything, some you can get there when they open and buy. Also some stores are very strict on the 3 box limit and some will let you get back in line as many times as you’d like to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
                  Some this pricing is driven by the manufacturers. I was in a friend's gun shop last week. He told me his cost for a box of 50 9mm FMJ is $22. Think about that: his cost is 50% more than the retail price a year ago.
                  I think you mean his cost from his distributors has increased. Manufacturers are going on record to prove they have not increased costs in over 18 months. The middle men are making a ton of $$.

Look at it this way, if the manufacturers have increased costs, Academy would be the very first to raise prices and their prices are still the same.

Some call it capitalism and others call it greed.

I know of 1500 boxes of 50 round 9mm in Southeast Texas, limit 20 boxes per person at $35.95 per box, if you want to pay that,,,,,

Comment

I saw, and bought, 22 lr for the first time in months at Carter’s Country in Spring this weekend.

Aguila high-velocity - $3.99 for 50 rounds. Only allowed one box.

I’ve been shooting skeet a couple times a month and thankfully bird-shot can still be found.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      I think you mean his cost from his distributors has increased. Manufacturers are going on record to prove they have not increased costs in over 18 months. The middle men are making a ton of $$.

Look at it this way, if the manufacturers have increased costs, Academy would be the very first to raise prices and their prices are still the same.

Some call it capitalism and others call it greed.

I know of 1500 boxes of 50 round 9mm in Southeast Texas, limit 20 boxes per person at $35.95 per box, if you want to pay that,,,,,

Winchester has increased their pricing 6 times in the past year. I’ve noticed price increases at academy but the larger big box stores also have contracts and massive amounts on order so I’m sure their prices and time lines are better than a small shop buying a fraction of the amount

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        SA stores were mon, we'd, and Fri. But the store I went to this morning said their truck will start coming Tuesdays and Thursdays.
                        I’d expect way less on them if the last few weeks around here are any indication. I’m wondering if they had pre-allocated orders for 2020 that aren’t happening any more.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                          That didn't work out too well for the Indians, as sad as that is
                          Indians didn’t have a Hoyt........

Comment

Yet people still pay the crazy high prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                              I went to 5 places today looking for 243 . No luck .
                              Here ya’ go. I guess they decided if the other place could charge $70 and get it then they could charge $50.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                                Certainly not illegal, we live in a free market system <snip>
                                No, we do not. Texas law prohibits artificially raising the price for certain items.

Here is a specific example: https://www.statesman.com/story/news...ic/3932523001/

Comment

Working...
                                X