No announcement yet.

Living 45 min from DFW airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't do it! But if you do I'd say southwest of FW or north on preston (Prosper, Celina, Gunter)

Comment

Grapevine. Most of DFW is in Grapevine. Still has a little small town feel and centrally located.

Comment

I’d fight like heck to stay where you are...lol
        I hate anything to do with ANY of the metro mess. And it’s rapidly growing....especially in lots of the towns mentioned!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
          Grapevine. Most of DFW is in Grapevine. Still has a little small town feel and centrally located.

Sorry, but nothing about Grapevine has a small town feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
            Justin, Argyle, Ponder, Krum

I live in Justin, office is near the airport. Not a bad drive currently with less travel on the roads. 114 can be a beach sometimes.
            I live in Justin as well great place fairly easy to get around..

Comment

I'm in far north Celina and work on the west side of Carrollton (almost in Coppell). Morning commute leaving at 5:30 is 45 mins, afternoon commute leaving at 4:45 is the same 45 mins. Before covid the afternoon commute was close to 1.5 hrs. I spend about $10.00 a day on tolls.
              Nice and quiet area but definitely growing as I am now seeing upwards of 20+ cars driving on my county road on a Saturday. Used not see but a couple

Comment

I'm in Mansfield off of 1187 outside of the city limits. All my neighbors have at least 1 acre. I've been there for 25 years... Lots of growth and finding land is harder these days. I still have a lot of piece and quiet in my yard. Not bad at all.
                Last edited by WilliamL; 01-13-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Rockwall

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                    Sorry, but nothing about Grapevine has a small town feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    No doubt. My wife and I grew up in Southlake when it was still sorta small town... The whole area is crazy now and 95% of our friends/family have moved out because it's too expensive and crazy busy.

Comment

Take a look at Lake Kiowa outside Gainesville. 1 hour from DFW and has a private lake, golf course etc.

Comment

Does your 45 minute commute include the 20 minutes to pay the fee to get inside, find your terminal and get to the ticket counter?

Comment

Take a little time and get a feel for the *%$#*! traffic, before committing! And, don't move to Brock, it is exploding. We now have a Dollar General, Mr. Jim's and a Sonic under construction .
                          Last edited by boy wonder; 01-13-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Get out in front of the rising property values and get some equity out of the deal. Rhome, Justin, Midlothian will all blow up soon. Prosper, Celina, Mansfield, Argyle etc are already hot and you’re going to be paying top dollar there.

Comment

The metro mess is literally growing in every direction. Up until about 5-10 years ago, the growth was largely concentrated from 75 to the toll way north of Dallas (Frisco area). Now it's exploded everywhere around the metroplex. As these corporations continue to move in, it's going to continue to grow at a rapid pace.

Good news is that it's easy to gain home equity in almost any area you buy.

I'm a solid hour with no traffic from DFW airport. I live near the Grayson/Fannin county line in Whitewright. We have a farm north of Bonham, so I don't travel out of our area very much. We are still very rural, with no subdivisions (yet). The people that are moving to our area are buying family homesteads and building barndo's and 3-400k dollar homes. Most of them are people trying to stay out of the metroplex, but want to live in the country. However, our land value has literally tripled in past 5 years.

You might know this, but there is still a different culture depending on what side of the metroplex you move too. East of Dallas in hunt/Fannin/Kaufman county is east Texas redneck lol. West of Ft. Worth is going to probably be more of what you're use too from being out in Lubbock.
                              Last edited by Arrowthreat; 01-13-2021, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Metromess has grown really fast north. I would look, west of Fort Worth

Comment

Working...
                                X