Alaska "Inland-Grizzly" Starts Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaska "Inland-Grizzly" Starts Now!

As I sit here in San Franciso I figured this was a good time to start this thread. Well, it started 5 weeks ago with a call from my 2017 mountain goat guide asking if I wanted to be his first official client? "Low & Behold" he had completed all aspects of the process to get his outfitters license in Alaska. I had forgotten about it for the most part, or at least I did not expect to be headed over for this BEAST this quickly. I was planning on getting a new bow for a PUMA & Water Buffalo hunt in Argentina in late July so my mind was not really tuned in for this type of adventure......but you gotta geaux when it comes up! While on the mountain goat hunt Glenn had asked if I could possibly help him with the financial side of becoming an outfitter as he would greatly appreciate it and I would be his 1st official client for the newly minted "Amauq Guide Service".
    So, the last few weeks have been absolutely crazy with personal commitments, schedule changes, packing/re-packing, re-packing, re-packing, re-packing, re-packing gear and obviously slinging a lot of arrows every moment I could get. We will be seriously roughing it on this trip, so the gear and loads need to be efficient & manageable for this 7 day excursion into the wilds of Unit 21. The population of inland Grizz is pretty good in this area and the black bear are rampant...….I will be getting both tags.
    Obsession Knightmare @ 70 pounds slinging 680 grain Grizzly Stics has too many trips on it to count but it is rigged and ready to geaux!
    My personal backup piece is a Smith & Wesson 500 caliber pistol, I pray that it wont be needed.
    Swaro bino's and Nikon rangefinder know the drill as does my Scott release(s).
    My goals are not to lofty, get at least a good representative inland grizz on the ground and if possible beat my 2010 P&Y black bear from Quebec. Next stop is Portland, OR and then up to Anchorage, AK.
    Last edited by Landrover; 05-27-2019, 09:15 AM.

best of luck brother as I'm looking fwd to your updates and a BOOYAH !!

Comment

Good luck! Following along.

Comment

Sounds like an awesome trip! Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          best of luck brother as I'm looking fwd to your updates and a BOOYAH !!
          Thx Blake, actually had to fly out of NOLA to San Fran as my sister had her engagement party on Saturday night...…just been a crazy few weeks.

Comment

Awesome...Pulling for you Oscar!

Comment

In! Good luck!

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

In for the virtual ride Oscar!! Good luck, be safe and may your arrow be true!!

Got our "other" thing stamped and ready for the "mark" tomorrow... lol

Comment

Good luck

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                  Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                    In for the virtual ride Oscar!! Good luck, be safe and may your arrow be true!!

Got our "other" thing stamped and ready for the "mark" tomorrow... lol
                    Thanks a ton Mike...….gonna be epicness!

Comment

Get-u-some! Bear, that is.
                      Good luck to ya Oscar.

Comment

Awesome! Will follow this one. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tuned in ! Safe travels and good luck

Comment

WooHoo!! Good luck and post lots of pictures!

Comment

I will be watching Oscar.

Good luck..................

Comment

Working...
                              X