Any TBH Billiards Players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Sounds like you are pretty dang good. Ill take a few lessons if you are ever over this way.
    A very good friend of mine who, passed away last year, was a World ranked player.
    Gave me some simple pointers and took my rusty Ol game up a couple notches.

Comment

Played on a league in college for a couple years. Was a good time. Still like to do it but just don't find the time and hate the smokey bar scene.

Comment

I enjoy a game of pool myself but like most haven't played in years

Comment

The thing that got me into more fights than any thing was betting someone they wouldn't get another shot and then knocking in the 8 ball on purpose. Dont know why that ****** everyone off so much.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
            The thing that got me into more fights than any thing was betting someone they wouldn't get another shot and then knocking in the 8 ball on purpose. Dont know why that ****** everyone off so much.
            Oh you know why!! lol

Comment

Can't believe there's not one post here that started "I play sometimes but just for fun".

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                Can't believe there's not one post here that started "I play sometimes but just for fun".
                I guess thats me...unless you twist my arm real hard then i might play you for whatever you want to play for.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                  hate the smokey bar scene.
                  Me too! where we play, there is no loud music, no drunks allowed, and no smoking. Folks come there to shoot pool..

Comment

Me too! where we play, there is no loud music, no drunks allowed, and no smoking. Folks come there to shoot pool..
                    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you aren't playing at Jim Ann's in Lufkin or Jimmy's on 94.

Comment

Agree. I'll get a wild hair to play occasionally but I'm not going to a bar to play. Hate playing on a crappy table. I used to play alot. One of my friends ran a slick Willie's so we were there a few hrs a day for free pool. I used to really enjoy just playing by myself and practicing. How are places charging now and how much is it? By the hour or block or what? Other places we played we could practice for free a night a week and discount on others if you did tournaments. I also suck now. Haven't been serious about playing in many years. Only have one friend that still plays and he's great and still dishes out cash for lessons from a pro occasionally.

Comment

My lease isn't far from Lufkin... Whats the name of that place? Can anyone go or is it private? I hate bars...

Comment

Had a table growing up & played all the time...can't even hardly get to it now my mom uses it to display crap.

I tell you what, spend some time on a snooker table & it makes those small bar tables seem simple...snooker is tough!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stick-Launcher View Post
                            My lease isn't far from Lufkin... Whats the name of that place? Can anyone go or is it private? I hate bars...
                            Its private and a very controlled atmosphere. I can take a guest though. PM me if you get a chance to come this way.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                              I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you aren't playing at Jim Ann's in Lufkin or Jimmy's on 94.
                              Ha! good guess. Sounds like you know those places though.

Comment

I was planning on getting back into playing after not picking up a cue in 15 years. Even bought a nice Joss cue. Its been sitting for 3 years now. I gotta do it though!

Comment

Working...
                                X