Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tier 1 buyers, 30mm Tube, 56mmOBJ, which scope rings are you going with?

always heard, get the scope objective "bell" as close to the barrel as possible without touching.

I found a set of Nightforce Ultralight rings (Lows) got unbelievable deal on them, If my guess was wrong, I will sell them to a Tier 1 buyer with a thinner barrel and buy Mediums.

Its always a coin-flip, some companies will let you return and exchange for a different height, MOST wont. I've been through it several times.

Medium is "maybe" the best choice, just to be sure and if you run Butler Creek or similar scope caps.

Whoever does this, post it here , we can see if we can swap.

Comment

Those that have ordered are you going with the standard trigger or upgrading? I don't have much experience with high end triggers. My Christensen Ridgeline has a trigger tech primary and it seems ok. Just not sure how much better the special or diamond is over the primary.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
        Those that have ordered are you going with the standard trigger or upgrading? I don't have much experience with high end triggers. My Christensen Ridgeline has a trigger tech primary and it seems ok. Just not sure how much better the special or diamond is over the primary.
        At typical hunting weights, the diamond doesn't really offer any value in my opinion. It really comes into it's own at weights under a pound. If you are looking to go below about 2 1/4 lb, the "special" is definitely worth the upgrade. Anything above 2 1/4 lbs.....stay with the "primary" and live happily ever after.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
          At typical hunting weights, the diamond doesn't really offer any value in my opinion. It really comes into it's own at weights under a pound. If you are looking to go below about 2 1/4 lb, the "special" is definitely worth the upgrade. Anything above 2 1/4 lbs.....stay with the "primary" and live happily ever after.
          Ok thanks Robert. That makes since and I would like it right around 2 lb so maybe I will call and change my order to the special. Y'all are bedding my Ridgeline also, maybe I will see if y'all can adjust it to as low as it can safely go while you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
            Ok thanks Robert. That makes since and I would like it right around 2 lb so maybe I will call and change my order to the special. Y'all are bedding my Ridgeline also, maybe I will see if y'all can adjust it to as low as it can safely go while you have it.
            The Primary will normally adjust down to 1.5 lbs but NOT in the Ridgeline they way it comes. About 2 lbs is as low as it will go unless you change the firing pin spring. I installed a PTG 18 lb spring and it adjusts down to a safe 1.5 lbs and no adverse effects to firing control.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
              The Primary will normally adjust down to 1.5 lbs but NOT in the Ridgeline they way it comes. About 2 lbs is as low as it will go unless you change the firing pin spring. I installed a PTG 18 lb spring and it adjusts down to a safe 1.5 lbs and no adverse effects to firing control.
              Good to know. Maybe apr can do that for me while they have it. I would definitely like it lighter than it currently is. I'm sure they can do anything for the right amount of $$.

Comment

I upgraded to the special and would like them set to 1.5lbs on both rifles. But that was not in my build sheet for them. Is that something you guys would do?

Comment

An article about the way TriggerTech has taken over the precision rifle world.

I’ve heard a couple of the most respected shooters in the world recommend the first step to make a rifle more accurate should be upgrading the trigger and after that upgrade the barrel. In fact, this week I read an interview with Daniel Horner, a guy who was on the Army Marksmanship Unit forever and ...

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                    I upgraded to the special and would like them set to 1.5lbs on both rifles. But that was not in my build sheet for them. Is that something you guys would do?
                    The Trigger Tech's can be easily adjusted with an allen wrench from the outside of the rifle. Takes 30 seconds to adjust it however you want.

Comment

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
                      The Trigger Tech's can be easily adjusted with an allen wrench from the outside of the rifle. Takes 30 seconds to adjust it however you want.
                      That’s probably so. I’d rather leave it to the gunsmith then have to mess with it myself later.

Comment

Available Upgrades:
                        Muzzle Brakes - Area 419 Hellfire +$179/ Blended Radial +$125/ Blended and timed Gill +$150
                        What are the pro/cons of these brakes. Please help me choose. Thinking Tier 1 6.5PRC with 24 inch barrel. I want to be able to spot hits.

Comment

if you shoot mostly prone, go the Hellfire or Gill. this prevents a ton of dust and dirt from muzzle blast. it goes sideways, shooting from a bench, it will drive the shooters next to you crazy with muzzle blast

the radial is more all around brake.

to be honest, they all kick up dust from prone.

i prefer the radial seamless fit. they work great and look good

Comment

Hi Robert,

I ordered the Special, I don't mind paying the upgrade fee as it is minimal anyway and I did hear that maybe the special is slightly more refined than the primary. I run most of my hunting rifles at 3-3.50 lbs. never more, but possibly less? But I hear the weights they advertise are "avg", and can change depending on the action. Did I make the right call in your opinion?

Thanks - can't wait to get the new stick into action!!!

wily

Comment

Originally posted by wilydawg View Post
                              Hi Robert,

I ordered the Special, I don't mind paying the upgrade fee as it is minimal anyway and I did hear that maybe the special is slightly more refined than the primary. I run most of my hunting rifles at 3-3.50 lbs. never more, but possibly less? But I hear the weights they advertise are "avg", and can change depending on the action. Did I make the right call in your opinion?

Thanks - can't wait to get the new stick into action!!!

wily
                              If you want to be in the 3lb range, call and change it back to the primary. It will save you some $$ and it will be right where you want it to be. Other than pull weight, they all have the same feel and "break".

Comment

Getting down to the final details. Going with 300WM with a brake. Trying to finalize color choices but wondering if the brake can be cerakoted or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X