Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else order a 20" 7mm?

Comment

This should help with your cartridge selection deliberations.

Click image for larger version

Name:	67F283E4-35FC-42A7-A85E-499FF46FD50C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	24568618

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

.50 BMG mmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
          I did. They said I was the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
            I’ll be ordering one this week.....if I can ever figure out what stock color I want!!!

Comment

I’ll be calling/stopping in on Wednesday to order one

Comment

Robert, what length barrel and twist rate would you recommend for a tier 2 in 6.5prc? I do not plan on using a can.
                Last edited by fishman; 02-04-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishman View Post
                  Robert, what length barrel and twist rate would you recommend for a tier 2 in 6.5prc? I do not plan on using a can.
                  No can - I’d run 25-26” and get all the goodness out of it! 7.5 or 8 twist

Comment

I saw your 6.5prc AI was 1-7.5, but all your 6.5 PRC seem to be 1-8, so I went 1-8. Shouldni have considered 7.5?

Comment

Robert, do y'all have specific few cerakote colors y'all offer? Or is it all of their colors available? The choices are overwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                        Robert, do y'all have specific few cerakote colors y'all offer? Or is it all of their colors available? The choices are overwhelming.
                        No sir, pretty much just overwhelming

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                          No sir, pretty much just overwhelming
                          I had a feeling that was the case! Having a hard time deciding on stock and action finish now that you said y'all can't match that Mesa pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
                            I saw your 6.5prc AI was 1-7.5, but all your 6.5 PRC seem to be 1-8, so I went 1-8. Shouldni have considered 7.5?
                            So I did 7.5 specifically for the 150 SMK and also in anticipation of Berger releasing the 156 bullet which never happened. I don't know if it's ever going to actually happen?

My first 7.5 was a standard 4 groove and was really hard on the 150's and 147's. I was blowing up jackets pretty often. Muller created a modified land profile and the problem is now solved, but it took a while. Pretty cool to have 4-groove accuracy that's easy on jackets like a 5R.

I'm still running a couple of modified 7.5's and having good luck personally, but we ended up running a bunch of 8's while all of that was being worked out. Really did not see a downside to the 8's up to the 147 class bullets when it was all said and done.

Comment

I went with muller as you recommended, but never even thought to ask about groove profile !

Comment

Robert, what length barrel and twist rate would you recommend for a tier 2 in 28 nosler

Comment

Working...
                                X