Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grabbin some of that yellow tonight

Comment

I've got a bottle of Yellow Rose in the liquor cabinet that I haven't opened yet. After reading good reviews on it, i might just have to open it on up this evening and give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
        I've got a bottle of Yellow Rose in the liquor cabinet that I haven't opened yet. After reading good reviews on it, i might just have to open it on up this evening and give it a shot.
        Leave a review here after.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
          Leave a review here after.
          Will do! I'm no connoisseur by any means, but i'll give an honest opinion haha.

Comment

I love me some Tx, its been my goto for about a year. but i believe i will be trying this yellow rose soon.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestarag View Post
              Woodford Reserve, buffalo trace, and weller. I like Texas beer and Kentucky bourbon.
              ^^ this

I'll put my vote in for Buffalo Trace, and of course, Texas beer.. Several of the local brews, and even though I catch heck for it, I drink Pearl when I'm grilling lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tyak View Post
                Good stuff right there. My everyday. Drink it neat.

Bookers, OMG the flavor !
                Blantons
                Knob Creek
                Woodfords

Haven't tried Rebecca Creek but I will.
                Last edited by HTDUCK; 05-11-2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Pappy Van Winkle 23 year, 20 year, 15 year its all good but near impossible to find.

Second choices

Eagle Rare
                  Blantons
                  Woodford
                  Rebecca Creek

Scotch Whisky
                  Dalmore King Alexander III
                  Royal Lochnagar Have to order from Whisky Exchange
                  Oban 18
                  Aberlour

Comment

Just toured the Garrison distillery and sampled some of their bourbon. First legal distillery in our great state. Pricey, but very good sipping whiskey.

Comment

Bid Dog Blackberry with lemon water
                      Bird Dog Peach with Red Diamond tea
                      Bird Dog Bourbon its all just good stuff!!!

Comment

Makers and Rebecca creek, every once in a while ill get some knob creek.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                          You havin the Cody Road or the Rowans?

I have some Cody Road, it's good, but I'm in love with the Yellow Rose.
                          After having the rowans, the cody road is now only a mixer for me.

Comment

I just found this thread! Looks like I have some tasting to do.
                            I like Weller, Makers Mark and Eagle Rare.

Comment

While trying to find the source of 1835 for some time, I was told by the Specs rep, that 1835 starts out as Buffalo Trace, then gets "tweaked" when bottled. Makes sense cause I drank a ton of both. Your PSA for the day. FWIW

Comment

After opening up my Yellow Rose this evening, and it definitely didn't disappoint! Everyone who said it was good stuff was right on. I'm trying my hardest to find a whiskey that it tastes similar to, but I just can't put my finger on it. It doesn't have the sweetness and vanilla taste quite like Firestone and Robertson, but it also doesn't taste identical to Rebecca Creek, or any other Texas whiskey I've had. Guess I'll just have to get another bottle and try to figure it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X