Just got in the tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Well, a min after I said a small buck was coming in a real solid 10 came in following a doe. Really solid dang it. Real tall, heavy and only about 13-14" wide. Always wanted a tall narrow buck.
    Well after about an hour of screwing around he finally walked into a spot I wanted him in. As I drew back a swarm of Nats surrounded my head and eyes. I lost my focus and shot an inch over him. He was only about 6 yards so almost straight down. They all trotted off about 30 yds and milled around but never ran off. 2 came back in and I could see him in the trees. And he didn't seem to boogered so maybe tomorrow. With trad. Gear even misses and fun.
    Never heard that excuse before. I'm going to remember it. I haven't got a shot off yet this year. My excuse is too many deer. About the time I get lined up for a shot, some loudmouth doe will walk in downwind and start blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
      Never heard that excuse before. I'm going to remember it. I haven't got a shot off yet this year. My excuse is too many deer. About the time I get lined up for a shot, some loudmouth doe will walk in downwind and start blowing.
      That was my first shot of the year....actually in two years. I never drew my bow last year.
      Maybe I just missed because I'm rusty

Comment

Lots of action so far. Nice 8 worked a scrape below me. Got some vidill post later but no big 10 from lastnight.

Comment

He'll be back. Patience.

Comment

Be glad they are showing up. It's slow at the lease.

Gary

Comment

Saturday I sat in another stand and had this buck at 10 yards but could not shoot because I was hoping for the big 10 I had missed. Saw him and another solid buck sat afternoon as well. Sunday I sat in my brush blind and had him at 15 yards 4 or 5 different times ( this pic is from the brush blind ). I finally decided I'd shoot him late Sunday. When I was preparing to draw he and his doe looked up the hill in the back ground. I noticed movement so I focused on it and what I saw was crazy. The buck coming down the hill was very tall but only about 14 inches wide. Thought it might be the 10 i missed. As it approached i was amazed by the body size. Truly looked like the mule deer I've killed. When it got close the 8 walked off and this new buck turned his head so I could see what he was. Turns out he was the biggest slick 5 point I'll ever see if I live to be 100. Freakin huge buck all the way around. Hard to explain how big he was.
              I decided immediately I was going to shoot him. As he turned broadside he started walking and did not stop. Never got a shot.
              I sure hope i see him again.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like youre in the right spot! Good luck on whichever presents you a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definatly a good spot. I neglected this spot for 10 years until last year. Not far from camp (300 yds) was walking through this area to my favorite stand last year and saw tons of rub's and scrapes and decided I'd set up the brush blind. Glad I did because there is never any dead time there.

Comment

Another 8 from my tree stand.

Comment

Continued luck!!

Comment

I was able to finish up early so to the lease I came. Got in the tree 20 min ago. Very windy. Hoping I can post to the harvest thread. Never made it last year and missed last week.

Comment

good luck, Kirby!!!!

Bisch

Comment

In for pics!

Gary

Comment

Good luck, really like this thread

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...