Mississippi Barndo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stainless Island Top

Installed the stainless island top this weekend. I still have some finishing to do on it to try my best to approximate the brushed stainless look on the appliances. If anyone knows any tricks to make that brushed look easily, please let me know.
    Attached Files

Comment

watched a youtube video on how to do the brushed stainless look with a belt sander and WD40. I will be giving that a shot this weekend, and I will add pics when I get it looking better. I can be a bit of a selective perfectionist at times, and that can create lots of extra work for myself.

I ordered my sanding belts on amazon, and they are supposed to be here Friday.

Comment

My wife really loves the juxtaposition of the reclaimed barn wood and the stainless steel used in proximity to one another.

Comment

Weekend Update

All,

Got some good work done this weekend:

- Got the island stainless finished
          - Put washed gravel under my car port
          - Built an extra parking spot for the Jeep
          - Gravel on the circle drive
          - nice additional coating of wash gravel on the drive
          - Gravel under the back shed
          - Gravel around all drip lines of the house

All the new gravel got a quick test as it starting pouring on Sunday afternoon.
          Attached Files

Comment

game room loft

Did some work on the game room loft. completed all the outlet covers, installed a foosball table, installed a dart board. Kids are really loving this little 8'x12" space. Glad I made the last minute decision to convert this from storage to a little game room.
            Attached Files

Comment

Pretty sweet bud!!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Deck lighting

All,

Added LED String lights to the deck. We had my family out for an early Thanksgiving meal, and it was really nice dining under the stars. Three 36ft strands with very soft 2000kv color led lights. Used stainless cable with tensioners to create the lines for the lights to be supported by.
                  Attached Files

Comment

And this build keeps getting better.

Rwc

Comment

Table for the deck

My wife wanted a bid "duck dynasty" type table on the deck so the whole family could dine together. Had some time off for the holidays and did this.

36" wide and 12' long. When I finish the benches and chairs it will seat 14 pretty easy.

All out of pressure treated lumber, and I am not 100% sure how I will finish it yet. It all needs to try out some before I can start sanding and finishing. Learned to used a Kreg jig to hide all my hardware, that was a first for me.
                      Attached Files

Comment

My Christmas Present for the deck

All,

Got a griddle for the deck, and here it is loaded up with center cut pork chops and chicken for news years day family gathering. I will try and add me a small LED flood light for a cooking at night light.
                        Attached Files

Comment

backsplash from old tin

All,

Made a backsplash out of some rusty tin that I was given. It turned out pretty good, and really fits our rustic theme.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations on your decision to live the Great American Dream! Very happy for you and yours.... keep the pics coming!

Comment

That looks amazing!

Comment

Man looks so awesome! happily following along

Comment

Working...
                                X