Lt Governor? who and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
    So it’s either property taxes go up locally or the state has to raise more revenue somewhere else to put into the education system. So either way I am paying more, I would rather pay more at the local level if I have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What ever happened to all that money from the Texas Lotto that was supposed to go to the Ed system?

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
      Nowhere did I say I am strictly voting Democrat. I am voting for one person that I believe is better than the Republican candidate for that position. For the most part, I will vote straight party ticket in all the other races, if I have some knowledge of the people running for that position. I'm not going to wear a tinfoil hat and just vote straight line party ticket just because I'm a republican when I have no idea about the other people that are running in the race. To me, that is a disservice to the system. Voting for someone that you know nothing about, yet you are voting for them simply because they wear red or blue. That is a travesty in and of itself.

Just make sure that you don't whine and complain when your candidate wins and the public education system and school finance goes even further into the toilet bowl than it already is, especially if you are unable to send your child to a private school. I am not even going to go into the problems with the voucher system that Dan Patrick is trying to pass.

Good luck to your candidate, who ever it may be. I am out on this thread. I am not going to change any minds and you are not going to change mine. Have a nice day.

But the one democrat you are voting for is going into arguably the most powerful position in Texas. So that will have major effects on the state outside of your one issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
        But the one democrat you are voting for is going into arguably the most powerful position in Texas. So that will have major effects on the state outside of your one issue.

And....that one person will not in any way fulfill the promises these people think they will.
        Cant explain that to them though.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
          Can you tell me what gun rights of yours have been taken away in Texas? I am curious to see what those rights are that you and I no longer have because the dems took them away.
          Not too long ago, they banned a whole lot of guns. It has expired but come on, you can't be that ignorant. Look at what is happening up and down the east coast and in Califonia.

If you let Texas go blue, it will happen here. Beto is an example. He said he supports the 2nd amendment but also says we need to ban the most popular gun in America.

What gun rights have been taken away in Texas today? I cant by a supressor or an auto without going through a lot of paperwork. Also, I can't carry a gun without paying a tax and going through a class.

But hey at least you are voting! (im serious btw It is important.)

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            What ever happened to all that money from the Texas Lotto that was supposed to go to the Ed system?
            LOTTO money goes into the general fund. It gets laundered like the rest of your local school tax dollars.

Comment

Lot of back and forth in this thread about how education is funded in the state and Dan Patrick does not support education issues... There are certainly some things he could have done or could do in the future... maybe he would and maybe he would not do things to help education... One thing I can assure you, no matter which Demokraut you put into office you will NOT get an improvement in the education funding process... ain't gonna happen. (PERIOD)! Dan Patrick was not my choice in the primaries, but a vote for ANY DemoKraut is a vote for turning Texas Blue, and if you look around the country, EVERY blue state is a disaster. In particular, putting a DemoKraut into the Lt. Gov's. position assures gridlock in the Texas Legislatute until he is replaced. You who are advocating for improving education funding ain't about to get any improvement in funding in a state legislature that is in gridlock. It is likely to get even worse when NOTHING is done. To let education funding be your one issue voter is just as asinine in the broad spectrum of the better good for our Beloved Texas as we gun rights activists...

Comment

I need to run for this Lt Gov posistion in a few years...I got some stuff on my mind I'd like to do something with..

Comment

Yessir! DMo fo LtGov!! I'd vote for you bro!!

Comment

Lt Governor? who and why?

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Yessir! DMo fo LtGov!! I'd vote for you bro!!

You'd be my chief of staff, and the first **** thing we'd get straight is the education system...lord what a mess.

All the money in this state, best economy in the nation....and we can't educate the future citizens properly...****** me all the way off.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-30-2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      You'd be my chief of staff, and the first **** thing we'd get straight is the education system...lord what a mess.

All the money in this state, best economy in the nation....and we can't educate the future citizens properly...****** me all the way off.

You are correct!! Here is the funny thing though they know it but they don't want to simplify it or change it because they don't believe in it. They want your local tax dollars to go to the private schools and the for profit charter schools. They are setting us up for failure! People on the outside have absolutely no clue! Maybe one of these days when the right school district becomes a chapter 41 district, which means the send local money back to the state, things will change. As of the 2015-16 school year 486 districts out of about 1,100 were chapter 41 and I know there are more this year and there will be more every year. Without these districts we would be in much worse shape because that money that goes to the state replaces money the state has been sending to chapter 42 districts.
                      Wonder why districts that can 100% fund themselves have to play by the states rules? They don't get any money from the state. More than 50% of all school funding these days is money that comes from recapture.

Moral of the story is they don't want to change this because it is a cash cow for them. Pretty soon the state will not have to chip in any money from the general fund it will all come from recapture aka chapter 41 districts aka robin hood. side note the original district that won the robin hood case Edgewood isd does not benefit from this anymore.

but I digress.

Comment

mastercrafta, I totally see where you are coming from and I don't fault you one bit for your stance. I have educators in my family too. My daughter in fact is a G&T senior level dual credit math and sciences instructor in a public school system. BUT, other than protecting its citizens from harm, I can't think of a thing that the gubment can do better than the private sector. If ALL schools were privatized, the quality of education would go WAY UP... It's been proven from pre-K through post-graduate levels... The premium educations come from the private sector. Again, I don't fault you for your position and wanting to protect your livelihood, but I sure cannot agree with it. Facts just do not support it.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          mastercrafta, I totally see where you are coming from and I don't fault you one bit for your stance. I have educators in my family too. My daughter in fact is a G&T senior level dual credit math and sciences instructor in a public school system. BUT, other than protecting its citizens from harm, I can't think of a thing that the gubment can do better than the private sector. If ALL schools were privatized, the quality of education would go WAY UP... It's been proven from pre-K through post-graduate levels... The premium educations come from the private sector. Again, I don't fault you for your position and wanting to protect your livelihood, but I sure cannot agree with it. Facts just do not support it.
                          While I appreciate your remarks I have yet to see the evidence that everyone talks about. And there are many successful public schools out there and there are some that fail not because of the screwed up system. But you can't throw the baby out with the bath water. I went to public schools and make 6 figures. We, as a whole, don't have a chance to succeed that is the point your missing. Ya it is screwed up but its not because of lack of competition is because we aren't given the proper funding and autonomy to succeed.
                          Its like telling two workers to go pick shell and deliver that 100 acres of corn in two days. One worker gets a toe sack and the other one gets a combine, truck and all the other tools needed to get the job done correctly.

BTW we are not the government we are run by the government but without any of the government benefits. Look up TRS vs. ERS benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                            While I appreciate your remarks I have yet to see the evidence that everyone talks about. And there are many successful public schools out there and there are some that fail not because of the screwed up system. But you can't throw the baby out with the bath water. I went to public schools and make 6 figures. We, as a whole, don't have a chance to succeed that is the point your missing. Ya it is screwed up but its not because of lack of competition is because we aren't given the proper funding and autonomy to succeed.
                            Its like telling two workers to go pick shell and deliver that 100 acres of corn in two days. One worker gets a toe sack and the other one gets a combine, truck and all the other tools needed to get the job done correctly.

BTW we are not the government we are run by the government but without any of the government benefits. Look up TRS vs. ERS benefits.
                            So do you believe the democrats are better for public education?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                              So do you believe the democrats are better for public education?
                              I have never said that and I am not a democrat. I just know that Lt. Dan has most of you snowed about border security and guns where you won't listen to anything else. Those are important but can't think of anything more important than education. He has had is chance with me I am done with him and if Abbott doesn't grow a pair and do something that will be the end for him with me as well.

Just because a politician says something doesn't mean they are correct!!

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                                I have never said that and I am not a democrat. I just know that Lt. Dan has most of you snowed about border security and guns where you won't listen to anything else. Those are important but can't think of anything more important than education. He has had is chance with me I am done with him and if Abbott doesn't grow a pair and do something that will be the end for him with me as well.

Just because a politician says something doesn't mean they are correct!!
                                Right! So what has the democrat or libertarian candidates PROMISED YOU?

Comment

Working...
                                X