Tied nocking point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tied nocking point

Hey Rick, I looked but I can't find the post you had about your way of tying a nocking point. Do you still have it around so you could repost it?

Here you go Bob.

Keep in mind - I used the pencil, so I could show clearly how the knot is done.

When I do them for myself I use a needle, and wrap the coils around it & the serving, then put that tag end through the eye of the needle, and pull it back through that way. Makes it real easy to do.

Rick

Comment

I really like the needle idea! Thx for posting

Comment

Thanks Rick. I got a new bow to set up and it's the first one in many bows that doesn't like where I've always put my nock point and figured I would do it this way this time.

Comment

A loop of serving material works if you don't have needle handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
            A loop of serving material works if you don't have needle handy.
            Yep, that works well also.
            I just find it easier to hold the needle in place while I'm doing the wrapping.

Also, the needle I am using is pretty large.
            It's more like one you would use for sewing leather, and has a large eye in it, which makes threading that tag end in real easy.

Rick

Comment

just subscribed to your youtube...that nocking point thing is awesome !!

Comment

Thanks Rick...great instructional video !

Comment

By the way - the technical name of that knot is "Nail Knot".

Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick. That is an education within itself. Never heard it called a nail knot.

Comment

tried the needle way the other night, It worked great! SO much easier.

Sure wish I knew this tip earlier.

I had been using a small piece of arrow shaft and the larger loops it created, made it a little harder to control.

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
                        Thanks Rick. That is an education within itself. Never heard it called a nail knot.
                        I never knew the name of the knot either, until someone informed me of it after I made the video.

Been using it for years in both archery applications, and fishing.
                        Always called it a whip tie knot.

An old dog surely can learn new things, even if it's only the name of something.

Rick

Comment

Great tutorial—thanks! Gonna tie one tomorrow!

Comment

The Nail Knot is a fishing knot used to join two lines of different diameters and allows for line diameters to diminish down to the fly, i.e., it is useful for attaching your backing to the fly line, and your fly line to the leader, or tippet.

Comment

Working...
                            X