Lt Governor? who and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
    So the schools are wrecked due to migration and lack of funding. So supporting a democrat who only wants to further increase migration is the answer?
    Partly lack of funding but migration has nothing to do with the school issues!! School issues are directly related to legislators that don't know what is best for education! In your spare time pick any school district and look at their board policy online(board policy is the rules we have to live by) and that will give you a glimpse into the knee jerk rule and laws that come from the legislature every two years.

Comment

Master knows the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
        Partly lack of funding but migration has nothing to do with the school issues!! School issues are directly related to legislators that don't know what is best for education! In your spare time pick any school district and look at their board policy online(board policy is the rules we have to live by) and that will give you a glimpse into the knee jerk rule and laws that come from the legislature every two years.
        How does board policy tie into teacher retirement?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          How does board policy tie into teacher retirement?
          Not sure why you ask that but board policy is basically Law! There is legal and local policy the state sets the legal policy and the local isd and can make their corresponding local policy more stringent but not less. So it is law. TRS follows law so not sure what you are asking.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
            I was straight Red, except for LT. Gov. Dan Patrick may win the election, but it will not be because I helped him.
            I included George P. Bush. But I am from SA and I do not agree with his "vision" for the Alamo.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
              So, you are basing your vote on one issue. Gun rights. Got it. That is your platform on why you vote. You are told what you want to hear on one issue, so you base your vote on that one thing and that lip service. I actually look at the whole picture, because I know that I am not going to agree with everything that my candidate says and I might agree with something that the democrats say. Dan Patrick has been saying the "right thing" about education for years, yet been doing the complete opposite. If you researched, instead of just listened to what people say, you would see that. But I guess since he said the "right" thing about one issue, you are going to vote for him. Just to let you know, the people who say they are going to take away your guns are really not going to do it. Take off your tinfoil hat.

And I knew it was coming. The "you chose to be a teacher and if you dont like it, get out of teaching and go do something else" comment and way of thinking. I am surprised that it did not come earlier in the thread.Did you not read any of my earlier posts? As evidence by your comment, I highly doubt it. Go back and read what I posted about my choice to become an educator. It is not just about me and what I make as a teacher and coach. It has to do with the future of our state and the way it is headed. Education and funding should be at the forefront of everyone's minds. If not, you are going to cry and moan about your school district not having enough teachers to serve your kid. You are going to complain and moan about the teachers are not qualified to teach your kid. You are going to whine and moan about the coaches not calling the right play or not knowing what they are doing, because all the coaches that knew what they were doing took your advice and got out of coaching to join the private sector. You are going to gripe and moan because your little Jimmy is being coached in some sport by somebody who cant spell "ball", yet the district had to hire him 2 days before school started because they needed a teacher and had to hire anyone that could breath because the quality coaches left. And then when the quality teachers have taken your advice and left for the private sector, you will gripe and moan about that because they wanted to make more money and they really never cared about your kid in the first place. So, either way, you are going to gripe about one thing or another when it comes to public school funding!

But as long as that person said he is not going to take away my guns makes it alright.
              One of my biggest regrets was not sending my son to private school. He got indoctrination, not education. IMHO, vouchers are absolutely needed, and I say that as someone who never attended private school.

Comment

Not sure why you ask that but board policy is basically Law! There is legal and local policy the state sets the legal policy and the local isd and can make their corresponding local policy more stringent but not less. So it is law. TRS follows law so not sure what you are asking.
                Because your reasoning behind your vote has been about your retirement this entire thread. Now you are going off on board policy. It's pretty obvious why I asked that question.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  One of my biggest regrets was not sending my son to private school. He got indoctrination, not education. IMHO, vouchers are absolutely needed, and I say that as someone who never attended private school.
                  I did send my two youngest to private school their last two years of high school, and for that exact reason. Even though my property taxes were $10,000 a year, it was worth the extra cost to me.

Comment

Leave the ballot blank on them if you do not care to vote for another candidate. Casting a vote for them says you support them and their agenda, hook, line, and sinker.

Ultra I understand what you are saying. My three daughters attended private school, and I feel like I have been paying tuition for many moons. A lot of people questioned why, and I told them I felt like it gave them the best opportunity to succeed without all the regulations the state imposes on public schools. It was a good choice, and a huge financial commitment that was very difficult on a teacher salary. Vouchers can be a great thing, charter schools are another story.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                      i was straight red, except for lt. Gov. Dan patrick may win the election, but it will not be because i helped him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        Because your reasoning behind your vote has been about your retirement this entire thread. Now you are going off on board policy. It's pretty obvious why I asked that question.
                        No sir others were talking about retirement not me. Go back and look and qoute me in here so I can see I wasn't complaining about retirement I was complaining about a do nothing LT. Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          do you have a good idea on how to implement the voucher system in Texas? the numbers say it wont work

I did some quick research and have not checked into it, so if its not exact I apologize. But based on other numbers I have seen it is at least close.

Google says there are 1,914 private schools in Texas, serving 316,936 students. As of 2014, there were over 5 MILLION public school students in Texas. Where are these students going to school with these vouchers? There is not room for them. An I figured that out with a public school education! On top of that, if they have any learning disability, many private schools won't take them. If they don't speak english, they too are often not taken.

What about the private schools who wont take the vouchers because they don't want to deal with all the BS the public schools have to put up with. . The voucher system is like a lot of other things our government comes up with. Sounds good on the campaign trail but impossible to implement. People who support the voucher system obviously haven't taken the time to really look into it.

Comment

No sir others were talking about retirement not me. Go back and look and qoute me in here so I can see I wasn't complaining about retirement I was complaining about a do nothing LT. Dan.
                            Not going through this thread again, but fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                              One word: California

No thanks!!
                              One word. TEXAS

Not going to happen in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                                One word. TEXAS

Not going to happen in Texas.
                                It will if you keep voting democrat.

Comment