First round of pics for a buck we call Baby Giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
    I’m gonna say 3 different deer as well. I can see an arguement for the first 2 bucks being the same but I think they are different deer. The beams are all different on each and the 3rd buck has different tine structure than the first 2 deer.
    You can't see it on any of the previous pics but he has a very distinctive upward curl to the end of his main beams. Obviously it is to early to see if this years deer ends up with that same characteristic. You can see the "curl" in this picture once he finished out last year. Then again, he isn't the only buck at that particular spot that has that same trait so definitely not definitive.
    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, I think these are different deer, probably related based on shape of rack and other facial features as noted.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
        Dang sure could be and I hope you are correct. Care to say what led you to that conclusion? Anything in particular?
        Antlers and nose strap. Might also look at his tail if you have pictures of him going away you didn’t share.

The previous buck has very distinctly shaped beams (the one you called 2) and I can’t see him being either.

Comment

I'm not sure either way. Were you planning on hunting him this year?

Comment

I would say not the same deer.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
              I'm not sure either way. Were you planning on hunting him this year?
              No on hunting him this year. He/they have a long way to go yet to get old enough.

Comment

I agree with it not being the same buck.

Plus with a name like BabyGiant you gotta represent

In all seriousness though look at the white along the jawline from the corner of the mouth back of the first buck you think is him vs last years BabyGiant’s that does not have any white along his jawline.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by KingsX; 08-08-2018, 12:34 PM.

Comment

No way its the same.

Comment

Put me in the boat of 3 different deer.

Comment

Leaning not the same... but some really interesting genetics, if you could add some time length to those bad boys they would have it ALL

Comment

Well all of you that said it wasn't the same deer were dead on. He just became very camera shy but sure didn't want to miss out on his corn!!! First sit of the year and he showed up like clockwork. He has lost some of the character from last year (no muley forks or kickers) but man he sure has grown!! He has several more years to love on the lady's before we will try and take him. Hope the links work.

Comment

1st Deer is younger

Comment

Working...
                          X