Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
    I hate construction so building a house sounds like torture to me, but nice work man. I am looking forward to following your progress. I worked as a laborer in my younger days and I have also helped friends on a couple houses. But at this stage of my life, I want turn key houses .

So are you just a control freak and don't want the BIL helping or is he a slacker?
    Some things I'm better off doing alone! I'm sure he will come along and help with certain task.

I enjoyed some AC and came up with a quick layout. Close to how it will be. Probably change a couple things up as we go.
    Attached Files

Comment

Plan to level post but dang it's HOT!!!!

Comment

Dang, this is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          Some things I'm better off doing alone! I'm sure he will come along and help with certain task.

I enjoyed some AC and came up with a quick layout. Close to how it will be. Probably change a couple things up as we go.
          For the adult bathroom, it might be nice to leave out the tub and have a stand up shower only. Then you could have two sinks. I know from experience!

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            For the adult bathroom, it might be nice to leave out the tub and have a stand up shower only. Then you could have two sinks. I know from experience!
            His wife wants a tub. There are things I would do different as we. It's not my house so I will do what they want.

Comment

cool build im sure it just a rough draft but you are putting windows in kids room?

Comment

Originally posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
                cool build im sure it just a rough draft but you are putting windows in kids room?
                No windows in kids rooms. Being such a small room they want more wall space options. My kids have windows in their rooms and we have them both arranged with beds covering them. If I ever build us another home they won't have windows!

Comment

Just drove over to level post.

Tools required
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just need to cut excess overhang. Next round of supplies ordered. Will be delivered Tuesday. Until then maybe I can make some progress on Mancave add on or Chandelier orders.
                    Attached Files

Comment

So far $1100 in. Foundation with sub floor after supply order today totalled $2610. So far on budget!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Following

Comment

I can remember many years ago the builders wouldn't put half that many posts in the ground on a similar size home. You will have no problems with that home settling IMO. Great job!!

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                            I can remember many years ago the builders wouldn't put half that many posts in the ground on a similar size home. You will have no problems with that home settling IMO. Great job!!
                            Definitely overkill! I've been known to use too many screws and nails as well. I try to make things to last!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              Definitely overkill! I've been known to use too many screws and nails as well. I try to make things to last!
                              I didn’t mean overkill, but spend a little more upfront in this case is a good thing as you know. As an example some of the older houses I was making reference to people spend the money later on having them leveled. In your case not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                                I didn’t mean overkill, but spend a little more upfront in this case is a good thing as you know. As an example some of the older houses I was making reference to people spend the money later on having them leveled. In your case not happening.
                                Very true!

Comment

Working...
                                X