No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas to you too Stink Bait. And to every one else. May each of you and your families, have a Blessed New Year.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Comment

Merry Christmas fellas. Hope yall have a good one

Comment

Merry Christmas folks

Comment

Merry Christmas guys!

I just work here. I don't make the rules.

- Kirby

Comment

Congrats on the buck!

Merry Christmas to everyon

Comment

Dang!! Y'all are getting some good animals...

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                  Dang!! Y'all are getting some good animals...
                  That's because there are almost 2700 registered hunters out there, if it's legal, it gets killed (most of the time). Someone's bound to kill something some where, some time, or some place. The stats say so. And what your seeing here are deer that were subjects to Darwin's theory because of lack of intelligence from not staying on private property.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    That's because there are almost 2700 registered hunters out there, if it's legal, it gets killed (most of the time). Someone's bound to kill something some where, some time, or some place. The stats say so. And what your seeing here are deer that were subjects to Darwin's theory because of lack of intelligence from not staying on private property.
                    And have fun killing them..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn't call mine great. On private he would be a cull. But he's a mature deer. And a 100 inch 8 point is all that guy was ever going to be.

For every nice deer out there, there are two old trash bucks that are rarely if ever seen except on camera at night or during the rut.

I'm not a very good hunter. I just spend a lot of time in the stand.

- Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by CARLOCK View Post
                        And have fun killing them..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
                        10-4 on that!

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                        I wouldn't call mine great. On private he would be a cull. But he's a mature deer. And a 100 inch 8 point is all that guy was ever going to be.

For every nice deer out there, there are two old trash bucks that are rarely if ever seen except on camera at night or during the rut.

I'm not a very good hunter. I just spend a lot of time in the stand.

- Kirby
                        To me, that is one of the qualities of a good hunter. If your not in the stand, you can't expect to kill much. The more sitting one dose, the greater the chances of making a kill.

Comment

With this post I'm only 10 more from 5000 and it's even harder to believe the majority of them has been on the Whitney threads. It's only fitting that I get there on this year's thread so that's the plan to get there by new years eve.

Comment

Hope they move good today.

Storm you'll get there

Comment

Anybody else noticed that the wind is definitely not out of the north like they say it is …?

Comment

I'm seeing it from the due West right now. And should be from the NW till about 3Pm. Then swing from the due north.

At least it's a mild wind.

Good luck to ya Switchback. Found a coupon for ya too.

Comment

Working...
                                X