Tyler Archery Club 2/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyler Archery Club 2/12

Our next club shoot will be February 12.
    Shotgun start at noon.

$15 entry fee
    $10 for Club intro class

We will set up at 8 am, so any help will be appreciated!! If you can't get there at 8, but can be there at 9, that is fine too. It will take some time to set up 30 targets.

We corrected the problems with the website -- www.TylerArcheryClub.com
    Or you can shoot me a PM and I will answer any questions or send you my phone number for you to call.

Directions- From the east loop 323, take Hwy 64 east about 3- 4 miles. Turn left on Adam Henry Road, go 1/2- 3/4 mile, turn left between two houses. Signage will be up, but Adam Henry Road is right after Carl Owens Auto Repair. If you get to the Oil Palace, you went too far but not by much.

Depending on the weather, my daughter and I plan on being there.

Comment

Already have it on our calander to attend. See ya there.....

Comment

Now that I am back from Florida, lets get ready for the Tyler club shoot!

Comment

just wondering what class can you shoot recurve in and what is max yardage? Am new to this class.

Comment

You can shoot recurve in the Traditional class. The max yardage is 25, with an average of 18. We have several traditonal shooters, and many will be coming to the TBoT shoot in June!

Comment

Is there a hunter class? Any info would be appreciated. Never shot 3d but think it would be fun to try

Comment

Originally posted by BearStrike2010 View Post
                Is there a hunter class? Any info would be appreciated. Never shot 3d but think it would be fun to try
                I used to shoot 3d with a compound years ago and just getting into trad. I can tell you one thing to be aware of. It's addictive.

Comment

Classes

They will be ASA style classes (rules and scoring), but we will have:
                  Open- scope class- max 45 yards
                  Known 45 - scope class- max 45 yards -all known distance
                  Hunter- hunting style set-ups - max 40 yards
                  Women- hunting style set ups - max 30 yards
                  Youth Kids - ages 13- 17 max distance 30 yards (per ASA)
                  Traditional - max 25 yards
                  Eagle/ Junior Eagle - ages 12 and under- max distance 15 yards
                  (not splitting boys and girls unless we have enough of each)
                  All classes (except open known) are half known distance (targets 1-15) and half unknown distance (targets 16-30).
                  Class entry fee is $15. Paybacks will be based on number of shooters in the class.

We are started a new class called the Club Intro. This class is for those who want to come out and get a feel for how things go, aren't sure which class they want to shoot in (although with fewer classes come fewer choices), or just want to check things out. There won't be a pay out for the class because the entry fee will be reduced to $10. The shooter can shoot from any stake he/ she feels comfortable with and they can shoot in the class as many times as they want. This is a good class for checking out new equipment too!

Comment

The weather will be great- 56 and sunny!!

Comment

Since it will be cold, I am going to try to have some red beans and rice made up to eat before the shoot starts, so come early!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                        Since it will be cold, I am going to try to have some red beans and rice made up to eat before the shoot starts, so come early!!
                        That is a Great Way to start off a Great Shoot!

Comment

I did it- I bought the red beans and rice, so I will make a big pot to warm your insides before we start shooting!!

Comment

Bump - come on out and have some fun!

Comment

Ok Mrs Pistol, Where are the pics? How did it go today?

Comment

Working...
                              X