No announcement yet.

2022 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagging along with Cajun Ginger to Conroe this week to ski at Hangar 9.

Any of you guys recommend any food or must hit bars around there? Not the overpriced stuff on the lake. Traveling from westphalia to conroe. So that's the path we're taking.

Also anybody wants to see some crazy stuff on a kneeboard. I'll be there all day with plenty of Busch Light.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

First day to fish for Texas slabs in a couple weeks! Conroe has gotten hot so we rolled down to lake Houston and they had 50 in the boat by 1015! Nothing wrong with those days!

Comment

We got into them pretty good on Grapevine last weekend. It was HOT with hardly any wind and the fish were finicky. We had to hit multiple brush piles and downsize to 1 - 1 1/2 inch jigs to get bit but ended up with a respectable mess

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Comment

Made it to Hangar 9. 5 busch lights in, loosened up. About to drop some hammers on the knee ski!

Comment

We came we conquered! Single moms snapchat infos were gotten!

Good time with Cajun Ginger. No crappie were harmed today.

Comment

Heck yeah!! They let you bring that helmet home???

I’m in Aspermont TX at a buddies ranch this weekend for my birthday. Coming up with reasons not to shoot critters!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                Heck yeah!! They let you bring that helmet home???

I’m in Aspermont TX at a buddies ranch this weekend for my birthday. Coming up with reasons not to shoot critters!!
                Heck yeah! I don't play anymore when it comes to wearing protection!

Comment

First day to fish for Texas slabs in a couple weeks! Conroe has gotten hot so we rolled down to lake Houston and they had 50 in the boat by 1015! Nothing wrong with those days!

No kidding Conroe is hot. We tried for some crappie yesterday in 23 ft of water. No dice. Surface temp was 96 degrees according to my electronics.
                  The catfish were willing to bite however-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We found a few on Waco yesterday afternoon once we finished doing the CAST for kids event. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0297.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	24686614

Comment

Little perch jerking this weekend on coleto creek.

48 fish Saturday on two half day trips between a short nap to cool off

60 Sunday morning as they were hungry, left them biting at 12 as we had to check out of VRBO and get boat back to shiner before heading to sugar land.

100% artificials on Stump Thumper jigs , or assortment of soft plastics.

Good times!

Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Good stuff ya'll! Working today and slabs get harmed tomorrow!

Comment

My boat is pretty small and space is limited. I changed my minnow box to a nice ozark trail soft sided lunch box with waterproof zippers that I already had. I think it was $20-30 back when i bought it. Tossed on a $5 bubbler from walmart and it works like a champ. We have had up to 3/4# of minnows in it so far with zero casualties in 100+ degree heat.

Anybody running a slip cork setup to keep from having to stare at the screen so dang much? We had been fishing almost exclusively cover that did not break the water surface. Therefore you are pretty tied to staring at the screen. Sunday we fished a bunch of timber that was sticking out of 20 feet of water. Most fish were at 10 feet. Once you know where the fish are in relation to the visible structure, seems like you could set you slip cork to the correct depth and not worry about the screen so much. I was basically doing this with a jig. I had a jig on my short pole so i would just cast past the structure about as far as the fish were deep, and let the jig pendulum into them. Hook up ratio seemed to be about the same. Wouldn't have to wait for it to swing if i was running a slip cork. Thoughts?

Comment

Slip cork works good when fish are at a constant depth. If you get to much wave action it might not be good. I use them all the time.

Comment

Buff uses slip corks on brushpiles all the time! I rarely use one. It’s all what you like I guess!

Comment

Buff uses slip corks on brushpiles all the time! I rarely use one. It’s all what you like I guess!
                                I like the thump and you don't get that with a cork most times

Comment

Working...
                                X