Any Family Law guys on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
    I would do some reading and maybe the Texas Bar Assoc and/or the Texas Atty Gen office could help you if you think you have a judge/attorney with a conflict of interest.

Not sure it would help but a little research and a few calls wouldn't hurt.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I'll be praying for you to find a solution.

I can tell you without a doubt that keeping it right with your kids is the biggest priority and they'll be grown a lot longer than they'll be kids, and they'll recognize crazy for themselves soon enough.
    Tried to go down that road. I do not have the level of funds or time to take on these attorneys and they would own me if I tried.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      I've got 3. 8-5-2.

She did some things that if anybody else did she'd be under the jail. But money in small towns it's getting slowly swept away.

Had I done it I'd probably never be allowed to see my kids again, and nobody would have a problem with it.

Example 1- one of her team of lawyers, main one on the divorce case, also has represented the judge in the most recent 3 of his 5 divorces. But nobody has any issues with this being a conflict.

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Short version - Judge has stated that he will not look at her criminal record because that is an "unrelated" manner. This is a civil case Trying to move to a new court. But he won't allow it. Major conflict of interest between who she's hired and the judge, etc, but doesn't matter if the judge says it does not matter. I can possibly try to move to a new county now but need a lawyer to do it and it will cost $$$.

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
      I would do some reading and maybe the Texas Bar Assoc and/or the Texas Atty Gen office could help you if you think you have a judge/attorney with a conflict of interest.

Not sure it would help but a little research and a few calls wouldn't hurt.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I'll be praying for you to find a solution.

I can tell you without a doubt that keeping it right with your kids is the biggest priority and they'll be grown a lot longer than they'll be kids, and they'll recognize crazy for themselves soon enough.
      I don't have any specific advice and don't know family law well and don't know the details of your situation, so take the following for the 2 cents or less that it's worth.

If the Judge's rulings are demonstrating a clear pattern of favoritism towards your ex-wife or a bias against you, perhaps you should consult with an attorney about the wisdom of filing a motion to have the Judge recused/removed from the case. Please be aware that recusal motions are rarely filed and rarely granted. However, if you are already at complete odds with the Judge and his/her rulings are contrary to evidence and the best interests of your children and furthermore there seems to be no relief in sight, filing a motion to recuse will at least signal to the Judge that you believe he/she is not being fair and impartial and you intend to document and draw attention to the perceived conflict of interest/appearance of impropriety and the disparate treatment you are receiving.

Just know going in that seeking recusal of a Judge is considered a nuclear option.
      Last edited by A&M 90; 06-23-2022, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Nothing that I can do or say to help, brother, but my prayers are with you. Keep taking the high road!

[emoji3516]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by A&M 90 View Post
          I don't have any specific advice and don't know family law well and don't know the details of your situation, so take the following for the 2 cents or less that it's worth.

If the Judge's rulings are demonstrating a clear pattern of favoritism towards your ex-wife or a bias against you, perhaps you should consult with an attorney about the wisdom of filing a motion to have the Judge recused/removed from the case. Please be aware that recusal motions are rarely filed and rarely granted. However, if you are already at complete odds with the Judge and his/her rulings are contrary to evidence and the best interests of your children and furthermore there seems to be no relief in sight, filing a motion to recuse will at least signal to the Judge that you believe he/she is not being fair and impartial and you intend to document and draw attention to the perceived conflict of interest/appearance of impropriety and the disparate treatment you are receiving.

Just know going in that seeking recusal of a Judge is considered a nuclear option.
          Correct. I spoke with my attorneys about this months ago. But they basically said just like anything else. Getting that option to happen was going to be monumental and require a bunch of $.

Everyone wants me to give up and accept this BS. I'm not backing off my guns ever. I'll fight literally until the death over my kids. Unfortunately trial by combat isn't an option. And they way you fight is by spending more $ than the people you're fighting against. Which is my problem.

So until a septic truck full of karma tbones somebody's brand new jeep, I'm going to keep plugging away, working my butt into the ground, and swinging.

Comment

Originally posted by A&M 90 View Post

Largely agree. A motion to recuse is rarely granted from those who truly have bias; however, is relatively inexpensive as far as atty. hours are concerned. The reason to file, even if the same is not granted, is to definitively state that you, and your counsel, have concerns about the impartiality of the judge. However, this can go both ways. The mere appearance of impropriety should be enough for a judge to recuse themselves. Good judges will recuse themselves, the real crooked *******s won't do so and will harbor animus towards you for raising the same.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Any Family Law guys on here?

Good luck man. My lawyer told me things that I couldn’t even believe a mother would do and still walked away with full custody of multiple children.
                Last edited by hoythunter02; 06-23-2022, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Appreciate the prayers, ideas, and PMs.

Not able to pay or hire anybody new probably until tax season next year. Already been two years, may as well just keep dragging.

Luckily- with some TBH HELP! I landed a much less time consuming and little better paying coaching job this year locally.

Working two other jobs but with gas and groceries I'm not stacking any $.

Comment

Working...
                  X