Any Family Law guys on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flex
    In the meantime Ex has plead guilty, and been convicted of something horrible. She walks. I'd be buried, never able to see my kids again, and nobody would care if the shoe was on my foot.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    “Guilty” is a criminal pleading, was she charged with a crime. Or is it a civil case? If civil, has it been settled?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Nothing that I can do or say to help, brother, but my prayers are with you. Keep taking the high road!

This! Keep doing right by the kiddos and before long theyll be old enough to see what’s going on. Hang in there bud!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
        “Guilty” is a criminal pleading, was she charged with a crime. Or is it a civil case? If civil, has it been settled?
        The criminal case- is the reason for the pending divorce, me that should be having full custody, and her that should be in jail.

The civil case- is me fighting for 100% custody, and the ability for my kids and me to move on with our lives, and get a fresh start, or at least force her to financially contribute in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
          The criminal case- is the reason for the pending divorce, me that should be having full custody, and her that should be in jail.

The civil case- is me fighting for 100% custody, and the ability for my kids and me to move on with our lives, and get a fresh start, or at least force her to financially contribute in some way.

Gotcha. Was she convicted in the criminal case? That is public record, so not sure how that could be viewed as defamation?

I could see how you might want to wait on commenting until the civil is settled though.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            Gotcha. Was she convicted in the criminal case? That is public record, so not sure how that could be viewed as defamation?

I could see how you might want to wait on commenting until the civil is settled though.
            Basically just been told- I personally can not go to the media, etc, because they will come after me.

Yes, she was.
            It is public. The media didn't touch it besides one local paper with a snippet. Friends of friends have tried and been told no fly zone too much $ we won't touch it.

Comment

Brother, you woke up this morning. You have hope. Keep doing what your doing. Pray brother. Ask, seek, and knock. Keep asking, seeking, and knocking. God is in this trial with you. “Without faith it’s impossible to please God”. Keep going, there is and end in sight.
              I don’t write these things lightly. My sons brain was injured when he was two. He’s twenty seven now. There’s times I’m exhausted, mad, frustrated, sad, and confused. But, I’m still in the fight! I still ask, seek, and pound on His door. I don’t understand the reason what this happened to our only child but there’s no way I’m gonna get outta line for my miracle!
              Stay in line! Stay in the Fight! Pray unceasingly! He will get y’all through this.

Comment

Well. 2 years down. No updates. Nothing to lose at this point. Local media won't touch it. I'm not allowed to speak out because they will say I'm defaming or whatever.

Really figured there'd be somebody on TBH or a connect I may make that would have the juevos to take this on and finish it.
                Everyone is scared to do the right thing because of money.

In the meantime Ex has plead guilty, and been convicted of something horrible. She walks. I'd be buried, never able to see my kids again, and nobody would care if the shoe was on my foot.

In the meantime I'm working multiple jobs during my "summer" break, dealing with all this. And trying to keep my kids sheltered from realizing just how F'd up the situation is.

Pretty much zero hope left at this point that it ever changes. But figured, heck can't hurt to try and bump this again and maybe a fresh set of eyes see it or some fresh prayers or something can help.

Can you sum up what's taking place as of now? Is she getting a court date to try and take kids back? What are they doing to you exactly? I assume she's not paying child support or any money but other than money what are they doing?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  Can you sum up what's taking place as of now? Is she getting a court date to try and take kids back? What are they doing to you exactly? I assume she's not paying child support or any money but other than money what are they doing?
                  Yep- biggest is I'm not from here, not a big deal, but they got me locked where I can not move- so don't make enough to be comfortable here, can't move to somewhere else where that would be possible.

I pay 100% of everything for the kids, bills, health insurance, etc. She does not have to contribute in any way, but now gets to see kids.

After almost 2 years of me having them full time, and the kid's doing great. She's now gotten back almost 50/50. But it's basically she dumps kids on her parents as soon as she picks them up. Where as - I take care of my kids.

All the while her family just keeps spending money and doing little stuff trying to harass me.

Tons more garbage. But that's the short version.

I just want to have the right to do what's best for my kids and get away from the psycho.

Comment

Yep- biggest is I'm not from here, not a big deal, but they got me locked where I can not move- so don't make enough to be comfortable here, can't move to somewhere else where that would be possible.

I pay 100% of everything for the kids, bills, health insurance, etc. She does not have to contribute in any way, but now gets to see kids.

After almost 2 years of me having them full time, and the kid's doing great. She's now gotten back almost 50/50. But it's basically she dumps kids on her parents as soon as she picks them up. Where as - I take care of my kids.

All the while her family just keeps spending money and doing little stuff trying to harass me.

Tons more garbage. But that's the short version.

I just want to have the right to do what's best for my kids and get away from the psycho.

Speaking from experience once you have kids with them you will never get away from them. I know it's expensive but you need good legal representation if not you are going to loose a little more from now on. Sounds like you may have missed your window to get things in your favor already.

Comment

Basically just been told- I personally can not go to the media, etc, because they will come after me.

Yes, she was.
                      It is public. The media didn't touch it besides one local paper with a snippet. Friends of friends have tried and been told no fly zone too much $ we won't touch it.

Curious as to who told you that you cannot personally go to the media. Judge, her family, her, etc? Seems kind of strange that someone can tell you who you can and cannot speak to, without some kind of gag order in place. And if it is a criminal case, that is public record, correct? I wonder what would happen if her name "got out"? It is not defamation if what someone says is the truth, no matter what a judge would say. I mean, he cant just change the law, can he? Is this family that powerful?

I mean, who is this family and what do they have on people, that the media will not touch them. Usually, the media will go after anyone. Does your ex's family have that much power simply because they are rich?

It just seems that there has to be more that can be done to help you and the kids? Surely, this family cannot have that much pull simply because of money. Just WOW. Prayers up and if there is anything we can do to help, please reach out. Stuff like this just really bothers the hell out of me and I hope you get some closure and people pull their heads out of their asses and see that you are doing the right thing.
                      Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 06-23-2022, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                        Curious as to who told you that you cannot personally go to the media. Judge, her family, her, etc? Seems kind of strange that someone can tell you who you can and cannot speak to, without some kind of gag order in place. And if it is a criminal case, that is public record, correct? I wonder what would happen if her name "got out"? It is not defamation if what someone says is the truth, no matter what a judge would say. I mean, he cant just change the law, can he? Is this family that powerful?

I mean, who is this family and what do they have on people, that the media will not touch them. Usually, the media will go after anyone. Does your ex's family have that much power simply because they are rich?

It just seems that there has to be more that can be done to help you and the kids? Surely, this family cannot have that much pull simply because of money. Just WOW. Prayers up and if there is anything we can do to help, please reach out. Stuff like this just really bothers the hell out of me and I hope you get some closure and people pull their heads out of their asses and see that you are doing the right thing.
                        Basically if I spoke out and did anything like that- talk to media, etc. They would lump it under I'm making disparaging remarks about her and send the wolves after me for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                          Speaking from experience once you have kids with them you will never get away from them. I know it's expensive but you need good legal representation if not you are going to loose a little more from now on. Sounds like you may have missed your window to get things in your favor already.
                          Yep. First lawyer I had did nothing but take money, missed my window big time by listening to a lawyer.

And yes, they have that type of money.

I'm aware I can never get away completely. But I'm never going to stomach that me and my kids having to suffer and live in poverty their entire childhood when we did nothing wrong besides be attached to an insane person.

Once again, this thread isn't me complaining. Just little glimmer of hope I hold onto that maybe I encounter somebody that can help the right things happen.

I'm exhausted on it, no more resources. The most insane thing is our system and how broken it is.

If I had a few hundred k to spend this would be a non issue and my kids and I would be on our way and fine. But since i don't the system does not work.

Last edited by Flex; 06-23-2022, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Prayers for you. You are a really good guy for doing this for your kids, Hopefully the karen gets hit by lightning or such.

Comment

I would do some reading and maybe the Texas Bar Assoc and/or the Texas Atty Gen office could help you if you think you have a judge/attorney with a conflict of interest.

Not sure it would help but a little research and a few calls wouldn't hurt.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I'll be praying for you to find a solution.

I can tell you without a doubt that keeping it right with your kids is the biggest priority and they'll be grown a lot longer than they'll be kids, and they'll recognize crazy for themselves soon enough.

Comment

Flex this sucks just keep doing what you're doing i can promise you that it will turn out good.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X