No announcement yet.

Any Family Law guys on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as you have the kiddos, I just sit back and let your funds build up and keep track of every expense. Why don’t they want to settle.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Still just under temp orders, with primary custody. Her side refuses to agree, sign or do anything, just keep dragging it out and trying to make things as difficult as possible.

Not really all over the place mentally, just focus on taking care of my kids the best I can and trying to get this behind me. But looks like that may never happen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Your good, just let it play out in the courts.
      What she get arrested for?

Something that rarely gets mentioned about divorce is you can't divorce the family as well. You have children. Every graduation, play, sport, birthdays and holidays your going to have to deal with all of them in one way or another.

It's not over after the courts say its over. The first year is the worst dealing with the new norm that is your life. From the sound of it yall might go two or three years. You will look back one day and see what a waste of time that was.

How many kids/how old are they?

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
        Your good, just let it play out in the courts.

What she get arrested for?

Something that rarely gets mentioned about divorce is you can't divorce the family as well. You have children. Every graduation, play, sport, birthdays and holidays your going to have to deal with all of them in one way or another.

It's not over after the courts say its over. The first year is the worst dealing with the new norm that is your life. From the sound of it yall might go two or three years. You will look back one day and see what a waste of time that was.

How many kids/how old are they?
        I've got 3. 8-5-2.

She did some things that if anybody else did she'd be under the jail. But money in small towns it's getting slowly swept away.

Had I done it I'd probably never be allowed to see my kids again, and nobody would have a problem with it.

Example 1- one of her team of lawyers, main one on the divorce case, also has represented the judge in the most recent 3 of his 5 divorces. But nobody has any issues with this being a conflict.

Comment

I've got 3. 8-5-2.

She did some things that if anybody else did she'd be under the jail. But money in small towns it's getting slowly swept away.

Had I done it I'd probably never be allowed to see my kids again, and nobody would have a problem with it.

Example 1- one of her team of lawyers, main one on the divorce case, also has represented the judge in the most recent 3 of his 5 divorces. But nobody has any issues with this being a conflict.

The system has the cards stacked against us already, your getting it worse with the hometown cooking added in. Feeling it for ya bud.

What do you do for work? Do you have friends & family very close to help you out with the kids?

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
            The system has the cards stacked against us already, your getting it worse with the hometown cooking added in. Feeling it for ya bud.

What do you do for work? Do you have friends & family very close to help you out with the kids?
            I'm a teacher, kids at school with me. Rock and a hard place because I can't move to make more $.

Turned down an offer back home in LA that would have been close to 6 figures because I am not allowed to move.

At this point open to a change in order to make $. But don't really know what I could do at this point and still be able to take care of the kids all the time.

Comment

Hang in there Flex. Prayers for you and the Kiddos

Comment

I'm a teacher, kids at school with me. Rock and a hard place because I can't move to make more $.

Turned down an offer back home in LA that would have been close to 6 figures because I am not allowed to move.

At this point open to a change in order to make $. But don't really know what I could do at this point and still be able to take care of the kids all the time.

My three were all in elementary school when we detonated the marriage.
                My ex is a teacher as well.

She would have been fired in the first year for absences when the kids nurse calls saying X is sick come ASAP. Im sure at first I sent some vulgar txts saying how much of a *********X im going to the school now.
                Add in inservices, HOSA weekends & everything else.

You can't be there for everything and it only gets worse as they get older & all have different activities.

If you don't have a family member thats on call 24-7 who are you going to call?

Say you blow out a knee, car wreck. Out a few weeks. Got somebody to move in with you to take care of the kids?

What happens when the kids get invited by their family members on one of your custody weekends. Are you tell them they can't go?

You tried to fix crazy at some point and your here now. Your never going to fix it now. You manage crazy now for your kids. Be the sane one from here on out. Your kids will figure it out and thats whats important for their long run well being but you can't see tomorrow being any better than today right now.

They will thank you for it one day. And it will make all this mess your going through worth it.

Comment

Well. 2 years down. No updates. Nothing to lose at this point. Local media won't touch it. I'm not allowed to speak out because they will say I'm defaming or whatever.

Really figured there'd be somebody on TBH or a connect I may make that would have the juevos to take this on and finish it.
                  Everyone is scared to do the right thing because of money.

In the meantime Ex has plead guilty, and been convicted of something horrible. She walks. I'd be buried, never able to see my kids again, and nobody would care if the shoe was on my foot.

In the meantime I'm working multiple jobs during my "summer" break, dealing with all this. And trying to keep my kids sheltered from realizing just how F'd up the situation is.

Pretty much zero hope left at this point that it ever changes. But figured, heck can't hurt to try and bump this again and maybe a fresh set of eyes see it or some fresh prayers or something can help.

Comment

Nothing that I can do or say to help, brother, but my prayers are with you. Keep taking the high road!

Comment

I'm not allowed to speak out because they will say I'm defaming or whatever.

Not sure how this could be the case if she was judged by a jury in a public criminal court and found guilty of a charge? Maybe I don’t know the whole situation though.

I wish I had something that would help. All I can say is I applaud what you are doing for us sake of your children. You are an example of integrity and I bet they remember all you have done for them when they get to the age to understand completely.

Comment

I guess she is in jail?

Comment

First of all, prayers as about 90% of the lawyers are disgusting d i c c suckers who profit on broken family.
                          I had a similar situation yearssss ago. Wife was a criminal and the reason we split. Killed me losing my daughter.
                          Nothing I could do, system rotten to the core in Victoria county at the time. Was a couple of decent lawyers around but not when I needed them.
                          I was completely in the right but it didn't matter.
                          Whatever you do, always keep the chin up and do the right thing. When its over you want to be the good guy and not lose your soul. Always be able to look back and say you did the right thing.
                          They'll eventually pay the piper.
                          I moved on, remarried, and had a good life with no complaints.
                          I suppose your in the running for custody and that's about the only reason to stay in the fight, otherwise I'd run far and fast.
                          Prayers for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            Not sure how this could be the case if she was judged by a jury in a public criminal court and found guilty of a charge? Maybe I don’t know the whole situation though.

I wish I had something that would help. All I can say is I applaud what you are doing for us sake of your children. You are an example of integrity and I bet they remember all you have done for them when they get to the age to understand completely.
                            Short version - Judge has stated that he will not look at her criminal record because that is an "unrelated" manner. This is a civil case Trying to move to a new court. But he won't allow it. Major conflict of interest between who she's hired and the judge, etc, but doesn't matter if the judge says it does not matter. I can possibly try to move to a new county now but need a lawyer to do it and it will cost $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              I guess she is in jail?
                              Nope. $- $- $ have parents hand out enough $ and you too can live the American dream of not being held accountable for your actions.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                                First of all, prayers as about 90% of the lawyers are disgusting d i c c suckers who profit on broken family.
                                I had a similar situation yearssss ago. Wife was a criminal and the reason we split. Killed me losing my daughter.
                                Nothing I could do, system rotten to the core in Victoria county at the time. Was a couple of decent lawyers around but not when I needed them.
                                I was completely in the right but it didn't matter.
                                Whatever you do, always keep the chin up and do the right thing. When its over you want to be the good guy and not lose your soul. Always be able to look back and say you did the right thing.
                                They'll eventually pay the piper.
                                I moved on, remarried, and had a good life with no complaints.
                                I suppose your in the running for custody and that's about the only reason to stay in the fight, otherwise I'd run far and fast.
                                Prayers for ya
                                Thanks! I just keep hoping I stumble into one of the few lawyers that's not a complete soulless money sucking vampire.

Comment

Working...
                                X