Any Family Law guys on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    You win the dumb*** post of the day award. Congrats.

He has been the recipient of that award multiple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Dude I hear ya. Right smack in the middle of rewriting my custodial paperwork now. I've bent over backwards for her over the 8 years we've been divorced, and now she's holding all of it over my head as a pattern of switching scheduling and stuff. I do not have primary and I wish I had fought my butt off for it. I'm by far the better, more engaged and stable parent, and she's the disneyland mom. She just moved them in with her liberal egotistical boyfriend, her 9th move in 8 years. My lawyer told me she's old enough to choose so I asked her over the weekend and she chose disney over what I can offer. It sucks, it's way better to fight your butt off now, get everything in writing, and never agree to a dang thing the other wants. Otherwise it will haunt you as it's haunted me and continues to do so. I don't have advice on a lawyer down there, but man, keep churning and keep fighting.
        Last edited by Laketex; 02-01-2022, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Comment

Hang in there Flex! I don’t have any good advice. Maybe you can find an attorney that will take broke boat motors for payment. You’ll take her to the cleaners then!!

Comment

You have any equity in your home? I know it sounds crazy but if
              You can sign a loan with out her it might help given the crazy Realestate market. I hate what you’re going through. I’m sure there are some guys here that would be glad to “cry in a beer” with you if it would help. I would, but I’m not gonna be much help

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Deja vu

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

To answer all the above :
                  Obviously not going to do anything stupid if I can help it that would help them and hurt me in the long run.

I have documented everything, restraining orders against the family, whole 9 yards. None of that matters.

I basically punted her the house both vehicles, her dad had cosigned for us, IRS has a lien on it. I washed it away. Kids and me rent now. Started over at negative.

She's got a team of lawyers and people working for her. I'm constantly being harrassed by them and her family. Can't do anything about it.

Life ain't fair and the world ain't flat. **** happens.

I just keep hoping a dump truck load of karma delivers justice at some point.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hang in there, my friend! I found out from experience that half of an "unfriendly" divorce can be head games, and trying to undermine the opposing side. Keep the focus, love the kids, and keep God first in your life no matter the outcome. You will get through this. Good judges see all kinds of people, for what they are. And can pretty much tell you generally how it's going to turn out later. Good experienced attorneys have keen eyesight, too.

Comment

Just something that you may remember on 20 years, when i hired my divorce lawyer, i told him i wanted it to be fair for everyone, i just wanted out. He laughed and said, “fair is a 4 letter F word when it comes to divorces”. It’s unfortunate but i think he’s right. No one fights fair in a divorce.

Keep the faith man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                        Fighting smarter equates too having more $ to spend than the other person.
                        No it doesn't, it equates to being smarter than the other persons and her attorney
                        I've been there, and done that

Comment

Obviously not going to do anything stupid if I can help it that would help them and hurt me in the long run.

I have documented everything, restraining orders against the family, whole 9 yards. None of that matters.

I basically punted her the house both vehicles, her dad had cosigned for us, IRS has a lien on it. I washed it away. Kids and me rent now. Started over at negative.

She's got a team of lawyers and people working for her. I'm constantly being harrassed by them and her family. Can't do anything about it.

Can you give examples of how they are harassing you?

Comment

Flex, hi. You are obviously in a tough spot and have been for some time, some would say an unwinnable spot. Your wife will outspend you, outlawyer you, and as you said, the system is loaded with crooked lawyers who have no morals. You have lost most of your wealth because of this wicked woman and if things go like they usually go in these type of cases, you will lose custody of your kids to this crappy system that is tilted against men. For every one man that says he beat the system, there are 1000 that get ripped off.
                            If you continue down this path, do you really see a different result? Probably not. What I suggested earlier was for you to think outside the box, to come up with alternate ways that are unique to your situation, ways that won't jeopardize what you have left, such as your kids and your teaching job. If you go back to my post I never advocated for you to do stupid stuff, just make her think you are capable of doing some stupid stuff. Big difference. Making an illusion is an important part of this type of BS. It worked for me when I was in a very similar situation. Ex hired the daughter of a county judge and wanted everything but I came out better than expected. Good luck

Comment

Take the advice mentioned above and think about how you are handling this.

You seem to be all over the place mentally and this is 100% understandable since a few of us have been there.

How far along is the custody case today?

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                                Take the advice mentioned above and think about how you are handling this.

You seem to be all over the place mentally and this is 100% understandable since a few of us have been there.

How far along is the custody case today?
                                Still just under temp orders, with primary custody. Her side refuses to agree, sign or do anything, just keep dragging it out and trying to make things as difficult as possible.

Not really all over the place mentally, just focus on taking care of my kids the best I can and trying to get this behind me. But looks like that may never happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X