Menard 2021/2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
    You should be very close to Heath. Are you on Williamson Ranch?
    Adios,
    Gary
    I hunt on part of the Williamson so should be pretty close to a couple of y’all as well

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
      As the crow flies we are really close to each other. I hunt the Spinks ranch off Norma Spiller Lane.
      You are across the road from the Williamson. We are east of you on the other side of the Menzies place which is pretty narrow. I am seeing some above average bucks this year. Unfortunately, the above average rainfall has really given the hog population a boost.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

I shoot 3-4 hogs every trip. We’ve dug a pond and about to work on our second plus fixed old windmills.The new water sources have really helped the turkeys but the hog population is increasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Els16 View Post
          I shoot 3-4 hogs every trip. We’ve dug a pond and about to work on our second plus fixed old windmills.The new water sources have really helped the turkeys but the hog population is increasing.
          Same across the road. We're seeing and killing hogs every time we're there. It's crazy actually. Never seen it like this in the 16 years I've been on the place. FYI - I'll be there next weekend 6th-8th. If you see my white dodge truck, stop by.

Comment

Originally posted by Els16 View Post
            Originally posted by Randy M View Post
            Same across the road. We're seeing and killing hogs every time we're there. It's crazy actually. Never seen it like this in the 16 years I've been on the place. FYI - I'll be there next weekend 6th-8th. If you see my white dodge truck, stop by.
            Same on our place. We haven't killed a pig in 15 years until last year. Now we kill 3-4 every time we go out there.

Comment

This is a common sight on some of my cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From this morning
                Attached Files

Comment

Were off to Menard county, feeders on tow!!

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                    Same on our place. We haven't killed a pig in 15 years until last year. Now we kill 3-4 every time we go out there.
                    This is us, but our "new" pig herd is mostly nocturnal. Plenty of signs and game cam pics, but few sightings during the day.

Comment

Headed there in a few!!

In junction getting a burger and im headed north on 83!

Been a while!!

Comment

l drove to a ranch in NW part of county this morning to do a little scouting as I had not ever been on the ranch before. The ranch is about 1,800 acres and it is high fenced but has only native deer and there is no supplemental feeding. It was too late when we arrived as it was beginning to warm up and the deer were already bedded. We did see lots of does and it seemed that most had two fawns. We saw about a dozen bucks and one in the 150-160 range depending on how many kickers and stickers continue to grow. My son tells me that he generally sees quite a few really big slick 8 point deer and several over 150 have been taken off the ranch in the past. I did not see them this morning but did get a glimpse of two 20" type bucks at a distance that could have been big 8's. We did see two 3 year old bucks that were basic 10 point frame with extra points. They were bedded together so I am guessing that they were brothers. This area of the county is getting dry so praying for rain next week.
                        We may take a few hunters on this ranch when we know more about the deer herd.
                        Thanks and Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

Dang, we missed another really good chance for a rain yesterday. Rained east of us in Brady and Mason and west of us just into Schleicher County along Middle Valley. I heard 4" at the 6 Mile Ranch which should put some water in the river. Praying we catch a break as most of the county is beginning to burn up.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

Whew it was really beautiful here in Menard this morning. Clear and 62 degrees and very little wind. Not sure I ever saw it 62 in early August in Menard County.
                            Adios,
                            Gary

Comment

Thanks for the updates. I’m going to get out there as soon as possible and see what’s on my cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't see any rutting activity...LOL!!!
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X