Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get bulk Cottonseed in South Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-BULL View Post
    Hartzendorf gin
    9858 fm 796
    sinton, tx
    we buy all ours here - fast service and price has always been very good

Comment

Make a deal with Sally, send a truck, its really easy, I get 2 loads a year. RGV cotton seed in large quantities needs air, I know some here claim differently you could dump it in small piles and deer will eat it before it goes bad in Rio Grande, its way less humid there

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
        Ross Gin in Mercedes Tx, my sister runs it with the Old Man, they have sold to deer hunters in the past but you need to send a truck, she has scales to weigh you in and out, price fluctuates with the Market I imagine, seed is hauled off to the Oil Mill as the cotton is ginned. They arent set up for those tote bags, they are in too big a hurry . Season starts late July and runs 24 7 until done

Can they load smaller dump trailers or does it have to be full truck loads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where to get bulk Cottonseed in South Texas?

We usually buy it at Hartzendorf as well.

I quoted with some gins in the valley and they were way too expensive.

But I am trying to see if there are options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You cant expect too much of a deal. The gins down here have seed houses, once they are full the trucks drive under and the door opens and down crashing it falls, imagine the lost time involved if someone drove up in a truck asking for a few totes? The gin is racing to gin 50 thousand bales so that bankers can be paid back. There used to be over 70 cotton gins in the RGV, now around 7 handle the load. They are set up to get the grower his money turned from raw cotton to dinero ASAP. You cant imagine the stress on my family when the gin breaks down. As demand for cotton seed picks up, there is no doubt in my mind someone will be willing to bag seed and sell it to deer farmers for a profit but it will be pricey, it has to be. I can be there to meet that demand too Cotton is what we do, for now

Comment

anyone have an idea how much cottonseed is in Corpus?

Comment

Working...
              X