anthrax updates for Sutton and valverde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
    I received .08 this morning. At less that’s what my weather station said, it felt nice and cool having breakfast on the porch.
    Besides it being naturally dry out there....is rain what we are hoping for to wash the spores away?

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
      My LO is finding them dead.
      Ours has found axis and dead audad. Corn piling up under feeders. It’s going to be a rough season.

Comment

Just talked to our LO and it looks like we are wiped out. It’s a sad day.
        Where are you at, approximately?

Comment

Any Valverde reports from down 1024 out of Comstock?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just talked to our LO and it looks like we are wiped out. It’s a sad day.

Man that sucks bad. If there's a bright side you can take your boat with the new transom out fishing all winter! It's usually great! Just fix them 2 folks in Arp a sack lunch for the days your gone![emoji2]

I haven't heard anything dead on our place but there was 2 dead goats at the gate when we pulled up but who knows if that was anthrax or goats busy looking for a place to die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be going to montell this weekend and will see if we have anything to report.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                Where are you at, approximately?

SE corner of Glasscock Rd and I 10. About 15 miles West of town.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                  Besides it being naturally dry out there....is rain what we are hoping for to wash the spores away?
                  I think we need some rain but not too much. I chatted with feed store owner at Speer Ag in Uvalde Saturday and he suggested that rain would be good. He mentioned that the ground cracks open during drought and exposes anthrax spores that were buried. Rain keeps the ground from cracking open.

But once the ground is cracked open, heavy, drought-breaking rains during an outbreak will cause rapid plant growth. The plants will grow in those cracks bring the anthrax spores up out of the ground where the famished animals will consume them. Seems to me like some rain, but not too much, and cool weather is what we need. That and the grace of God. Lets pray this outbreak ends quickly.
                  Last edited by Txhuntr2; 08-05-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about all this happening again.

I did a lot of googling on anthrax today... probably on an FBI list now.

Comment

About 25 miles south of Ozona -- went out to check feeders and cameras yesterday. I didn't see any dead deer, but the corn was piling up under the feeders, so I turned them off. Didn't see any deer on the cameras. I guess I'll go back out 2nd weekend in September to look at cameras again, to assess filling / turning on the feeders.

Comment

Man...this is just heartbreaking. A tragic **** deal all the way around

Comment

Pulling cards this weekend and will post update. 25miles S. Of Ozona off 163.

Comment

[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51] still haven’t seen any deer on my cam, just a few pigs

Comment

Originally posted by Norseman View Post
                              [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51] still haven’t seen any deer on my cam, just a few pigs

Yes, I saw turkeys and hogs on my cams.

Comment

Up to 90 found dead on our place, few fresh ones including a mature 150s recently found. My stomach hurts

Comment

Working...
                                X