No announcement yet.

Sutton/ Val Verde County 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw on facebook this morning, some lady in the area ya'll are talking about, posted on an agricultural page that she has found 14 dead deer in the past few days and has started rounding up all of her livestock on their family ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
      I saw on facebook this morning, some lady in the area ya'll are talking about, posted on an agricultural page that she has found 14 dead deer in the past few days and has started rounding up all of her livestock on their family ranch.
      Please post more info on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fischer View Post
        Hey BrianG,

Are you on the north or south side of 189? Looks like you are approx 7 to 8 miles from JFRITZ who is has been infected. I am only a couple of miles east of your property. I hope the anthrax does not travel east towards your proper but if it does my lease could be next. Any idea when you are going to the lease next for an update? I may try to go weekend of 7/27 and I will provide an update when I return.
        We have property on both sides, but the larger portion is on the south. I talked to my landowner about a week and a half ago and everything was still good. I'm sure the outbreak will only get worse, but hopefully we're spared.
        I'm headed up there next weekend the 20th to check things out. I'll report what I find.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieland View Post
          Yes it does!! Pray for rain!!
          I didn't think the rain can HELP. The outbreaks of the existing spores are caused during warmer temps, yes, leading to warm soils. It is the moisture (rain) that causes the multiplication of the spores. Warm runoff...some of it stagnant...mixed with the soil is the breeding cycle. The deer & livestock drink from the pools where this pookey runs off & puddles up in the low lying areas.
          JMO
          Back in 2009, when we had our outbreak in Juno in 2009, we never found a dead deer on 5k acres, but it devastated the lease. We were in the Anthrax Triangle.
          We left and I believe it took years for the place to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
            We have property on both sides, but the larger portion is on the south. I talked to my landowner about a week and a half ago and everything was still good. I'm sure the outbreak will only get worse, but hopefully we're spared.
            I'm headed up there next weekend the 20th to check things out. I'll report what I find.
            I'll be anxious to hear Brian.

Comment

Rafter W Feed is selling antlers plus G7 that suppose to help the deer resist anthrax. Anyone heard of it? I can’t seem to find any information online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                I think that's probably my land owner.
                Last edited by aggieland; 07-13-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
                  Rafter W Feed is selling antlers plus G7 that suppose to help the deer resist anthrax. Anyone heard of it? I can’t seem to find any information online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  We talked to them several weeks ago it and they said they were going to start carrying it. I didn’t think they would get it in until this spring.
                  It won’t help them unless you start feeding it in February/March.

Comment

Sutton/ Val Verde County 2019

Off of Facebook, no idea if it’s valid I’m just putting this out there. Very disappointing

Comment

Curious to know if any of the properties experiencing an anthrax outbreak recently had some dozer work done from the new pipeline or clearing cedars, fences, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Doublelunger View Post
                        Curious to know if any of the properties experiencing an anthrax outbreak recently had some dozer work done from the new pipeline or clearing cedars, fences, etc.
                        The reported outbreaks have been well south of where the pipeline is being put in.

Comment

Originally posted by Doublelunger View Post

We haven’t disturbed any soil on our place.

Comment

Did I read that anthrax is a spore? What keeps it from being blown and just keep spreading? I mean is it inevitable that it spreads all of the known area?

Comment

I hunt just south of 403 off PR 4414. We haven’t been out there since early June and all the deer we saw looked good and healthy and no buzzards or dead ones seen. This has me worried pretty bad with it to the north and south of us. No land being disturbed on our place either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone have any updates ???

Comment

Working...
                                X