Is 3-D archery in decline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lk05077 View Post
    yup was us no motorcycle. she has a new bow on the way and her sister a new bow. If you have never tried the deermen I would give it a try. Rules are a little different on equipment and most shoot hunting rigs. Also a deermen is way more layed back and never an easy shoot. asa is not easy ether but at asa you are not shooting skunks or from blinds or threw the trees
    Awesome! Nice to bump into ya again. I always wondered what deerman was,that sounds like my kinda 3D for sure

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
      I shoot my hunting bow in the womens hunter class,but shoot a lighter arrow than I use hunting. While I probably could shoot the open class,im comfortable out to 60 on targets with this bow. Just dosent seam fair when Im shooting open sights peep,and others are essentially looking through binos on there sights,at the exact scoreing rings

You wouldn't be competing with them though.. So why is that unfair?

Comment

Im saying I could shoot the open class,distance wise. But its not exactly fair that one person has lenses and such that they see exactly where they are aiming,because they are essentially looking at the rings and able to line up there pin exactly. Where is someome with just a hunting rig is shooting with no lenses,and guessing about where the 11 ring is because they arent looking at a magnified version of the rings

Comment

Im saying I could shoot the open class,distance wise. But its not exactly fair that one person has lenses and such that they see exactly where they are aiming,because they are essentially looking at the rings and able to line up there pin exactly. Where is someome with just a hunting rig is shooting with no lenses,and guessing about where the 11 ring is because they arent looking at a magnified version of the rings

the fact that they have lenses means they are shooting a different class than you. As I understand it. So you aren't competing with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
            the fact that they have lenses means they are shooting a different class than you. As I understand it. So you aren't competing with them.
            (Facepalm) Yall must be lost in what Im trying to say I guess,oh well not that big of a deal

Comment

A scope is an advantage in seeing "some" detail on the target, but on most targets unless they are very close you cannot actually see the 12 rings. In low lighting conditions a lot of times you cannot see any of scoring rings when looking thru a magnified lens. Also there are trade offs to shooting a lens. You can see more detail but less light gets to your eye. Also when you go up in magnification (2x, 4x, 6x, etc.) the perceived movement is much greater than with no magnification.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                Are you not allowed to play through in 3d archery?, thats common courtesy in golf if someone in behind a slower group. I have to agree its in decline from what I saw on two shoots this weekend, not near the #'s there used to be. Very few shooters.
                If there are open targets ahead and our group is slow we always offer the group behind to go thru. At some of our ASA events there is simply no place to go as most or all the targets are occupied.

We had an ASA event this past Memorial Day weekend at Archer's for Christ in Paris that had 279 shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                  If there are open targets ahead and our group is slow we always offer the group behind to go thru. At some of our ASA events there is simply no place to go as most or all the targets are occupied.

We had an ASA event this past Memorial Day weekend at Archer's for Christ in Paris that had 279 shooters.
                  Good info to know arrowsmith. Ive never shot a lense,so not sure what exactly it dose. Just the basics of,that it magnify by the power lense that you are shooting. Ive yet to shoot ASA events,just shop shoots and the R100. Want to,just being a full time student and full time worker,its hard to find time for the big events the ASA draws

Comment

I shoot my hunting bow in the womens hunter class,but shoot a lighter arrow than I use hunting. While I probably could shoot the open class,im comfortable out to 60 on targets with this bow. Just dosent seam fair when Im shooting open sights peep,and others are essentially looking through binos on there sights,at the exact scoreing rings.
                    It isn't fair, that is why they have different classes of competition. If you shoot open class with your rig you you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by not using all the available equipment.

If you want to shoot open, shoot open, but since no one if FORCING you to shoot open class fair has nothing to do with it.

This is like a finger shooter saying he could shoot Male Bowhunter Release class if only everyone else shot with fingers; but it's not fair because they use a release...

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                      It isn't fair, that is why they have different classes of competition. If you shoot open class with your rig you you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by not using all the available equipment.

If you want to shoot open, shoot open, but since no one if FORCING you to shoot open class fair has nothing to do with it.

This is like a finger shooter saying he could shoot Male Bowhunter Release class if only everyone else shot with fingers; but it's not fair because they use a release...
                      Cool

Comment

Bear, if you ever have time to look into ASA and attend any of the shoots, I think you’ll be surprised at what you find. You’ll probably enjoy it, too. I shot Women’s Hunter until last year. 30 yard/260fps max, fixed pins. I moved up after winning SOY and the state championship. This year I tried Women’s Hunter Elite, which is another fixed pin class but with 40 yard/280fps max. I shot one qualifier in WHE, and then switched to a beginner’s open class, Women’s Known 40. Yes, I can now use an adjustable sight, a lens, and longer bars, but don’t think for a minute that it’s ‘easier.’ Up until about two weeks ago, my scores with my hunting bow at 40 yards beat my scores with my open bow. If you get the chance, try using what you have in K40 or K45. Shoot for fun if you want to, but compare your shooting to that of the people finishing near the top of the class. Or shoot Women’s Hunter Elite, where you’ll be on a more even playing field.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                          Bear, if you ever have time to look into ASA and attend any of the shoots, I think you’ll be surprised at what you find. You’ll probably enjoy it, too. I shot Women’s Hunter until last year. 30 yard/260fps max, fixed pins. I moved up after winning SOY and the state championship. This year I tried Women’s Hunter Elite, which is another fixed pin class but with 40 yard/280fps max. I shot one qualifier in WHE, and then switched to a beginner’s open class, Women’s Known 40. Yes, I can now use an adjustable sight, a lens, and longer bars, but don’t think for a minute that it’s ‘easier.’ Up until about two weeks ago, my scores with my hunting bow at 40 yards beat my scores with my open bow. If you get the chance, try using what you have in K40 or K45. Shoot for fun if you want to, but compare your shooting to that of the people finishing near the top of the class. Or shoot Women’s Hunter Elite, where you’ll be on a more even playing field.
                          I will definitely look in to that and see what is avalible around here and out towards where Im moving next fall. Thanks for the information Camoquest

Comment

Working...
                          X