Strike Eagle vs Eotech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strike Eagle vs Eotech

I bought a Strike Eagle 1-6x24 a couple of days ago and had some issues with the battery compartment. Just took it back and no Strike Eagles in the store, but got to looking at an Eotech 512 and thought it might be a good fit for the AR pistol in 300 BLK, and was thinking of adding a magnifier at a later date. But checking here seems like a lot of people are selling their Eotechs, and wanted to see if this would be a decent sight for shots that would probably be 75, probably closer to 50, yards and less.

I have an eotech 512 and it is a solid sight. However, I do feel it is a little bulky for a red dot type sight. I put a 1-4x power leupold on the gun and like it a little better. Have low and mid range magnification for longer shots.

Comment

Get an XPS or EXPS model Eotech.

Eotechs had and have their issues, but are great optics and would be perfect for what you described.

I prefer Aimpoints for the battery life and record of reliability.
      Last edited by Clay C; 05-17-2022, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I had an Eotech on an Ar and really liked it, think it was a 552. When they offered the refund due to floating zero I returned it and replaced it with a Trijicon MRO. Both good units, the MRO has better battery life but the Eotech has better field of view. Don't remember shooting the Eotech at 100 yards but the MRO is good at 100. Seems like the Eotech may have had more star burst at the higher settings.

Also shooting a 1 - 6 Strike Eagle. Good unit and more capable at 100 yards and beyond. Bigger and heavier. Any of the 3 would work fine for what you're talking about.

Comment

I moved from an MRO to a viper gen 2 1-6. It has the red dot and seems to work well. 1 power with the red dot at 10-50 yards keeps everything in the A-zone. Move out to 200 and turn the power up and its dead on.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
            I bought a Strike Eagle 1-6x24 a couple of days ago and had some issues with the battery compartment. Just took it back and no Strike Eagles in the store, but got to looking at an Eotech 512 and thought it might be a good fit for the AR pistol in 300 BLK, and was thinking of adding a magnifier at a later date. But checking here seems like a lot of people are selling their Eotechs, and wanted to see if this would be a decent sight for shots that would probably be 75, probably closer to 50, yards and less.

Have you thought about just sending the scope back to the factory for repair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
              Have you thought about just sending the scope back to the factory for repair?

Why when I can take it back and get another one or money back? If it was purchased months or years ago then yes, but a couple of days and first time use, then it’s not going to be my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an Aimpoint on my duty rifle that I carried for years now it’s a critter gitter

Comment

I would keep the Strike Eagle, but I've never personally used one. I love LPVO's. Run it at 1x and you have a red dot and crank up the magnification for target ID or longer shots.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are okay with the reticle on an eotech then I say go for it. I have one and use it on my bolt 300blk. I can run my NVGs behind it and it’s been a great sight. I’m not a huge fan of the fuzzy circle dot reticle, and with a magnifier they get worse.

I mainly run Sig Romeo red dots now. They are cheap and do great.

Comment

Strike Eagle vs Eotech

Well, couldn’t get them to deal with me in the Eotech (display model) and it was the last one in the store. I did look at the Sight Mark with 3x, but didn’t like that it was a 2 MOA dot. Got another Strike Eagle 1-6x24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LPVO >>>>>Reflex Sight

I much prefer a 1-6, 1-8 or if I could afford a 1-10 that would be even better over a reflex style sight.

Comment

Take a look at the holosun 510c if not going the LPVO route. I sold my Eotech for the 510c and have never looked back.

Comment

Look at the Vortex UH1 Gen 2 as an Eotech alternative.

Another good Eotech alternative is the Sig 8T. You get the big window and reticle, but get the red dot reliability and battery life as opposed to the crap battery life of holographic sights.

Comment

Working...
                            X