Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memories of yesteryear..... how many remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been to few raslin matches there in my way younger days. Man the good times we had.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      I saw Willie there too. Heck, we might have seen each other.

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
      me too
      Dang, we could have had a reunion!

If I remember correctly, Kris Kristopherson made a surprise appearance onstage, walking up behind Willie, who also did not expect him to be there...or was it Waylon? Darn memory!!! It must have been the second hand (funny smelling ) smoke that was wafting through the place!

Comment

Here's another one for Rig.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1976rabbitrun.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	24121243

Comment

Saturday night Rasslin' matches were always the thing to do at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
          OMG Grandma would get soooo mad at some of them, she'd walk over and turn the volume OFF when they were talking. LOL Grandpa would cuss them guys like they were standing in the room. LOL Funny stuf now.

Comment

My Grandfather would get so mad at Duke keyamuka he would have to go outside and cool off, i remember them, im old fart. Prolly spelled his name wrong

Comment

Don't think anyone has mentioned Chief Wahoo McDaniels...
              And I'm 56 so I remember most all of this stuff from Dallas back in the day. Still miss "The Prince of Hamburgers" drive-in on Lemmon Ave. Best burgers and ice cold root beer in a mug ever!!

Comment

Wahoo was one I was trying to remember

Comment

Any of you remember The Ritz Rock & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                    And I'm 56 so I remember most all of this stuff from Dallas back in the day. Still miss "The Prince of Hamburgers" drive-in on Lemmon Ave. Best burgers and ice cold root beer in a mug ever!!
                    Lot of them older guys like Tiger Conway, Paul Bosch, abnd Tokyo Tom from the Houston scene.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                      The Prince of Hamburgers was the shizzle!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dad worked here where I do back when it was T.I. and we would go there for a treat now and then. When we would pick him up at work on Saturdays, we would run across Lemmon Ave. to the Coca Cola plant and get free drinks in the lobby.

At the Cotton Bowl, I would sit on the bar and open beer cans and the deliver them to the lanes for a nickel. I was only 5 or 6 years old.

Comment

Golden Eagle, I grew up in North Dallas about hte same time it looks like.

Sportatorium on sunday night for wrestling.. Used to go to fort owrth on Friday to watch wrestling too.

Ritz rock n roll. European crossroads, #3 lift, Rodeo dallas, Beggar, Bellringer,Frontier list goes on and on.

I grew up running Harry Hines when the girls of the night were out all day.. Wow lucky I am still alive..

What was the race track up 35 in Lewisville?

One for the ages, who remembers when Love Field shut down and was an entertainment center? Skating, movies and video games??

The memories go on forever.

Comment

Down the street from the Sportatorium was the Jiffy and the Who Cares drive ins. Oh yeah, and the Triple Nickel.

Comment

My Dad and I watched wresting at the Sportatorium. Remenber Haystack Calhoun?

How about Daddy's Car Night at Green Valley Raceway? You could race ANY vehicle for $5 bucks! You had to have a car and a helmet and you got a timeslip!

Man, that was a blast!

J.P.

Comment

Can someone name the big dark haired guy from Houston that had all that hair on his back and a unibrow?

Wasn't it Killer Carl Cox?

Comment

Working...
                              X