No announcement yet.

All Star game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally didn’t like the mics and earpieces on the field. Too distracting to the players IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
      I personally didn’t like the mics and earpieces on the field. Too distracting to the players IMHO.
      It's an exhibition game that has no meaning for the winner. I thought it was cool. Now when they talk to the managers in between innings, THAT is a little over the line I think but they are going for that basketball/football coach soundbite at half time type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDieselKid View Post
        It's an exhibition game that has no meaning for the winner. I thought it was cool. Now when they talk to the managers in between innings, THAT is a little over the line I think but they are going for that basketball/football coach soundbite at half time type thing.
        Not true. Several years back they made the All Star game winner the home team for the World Series. So this October whoever the American League champion will host the National League champion and will have a 4 games to 3 advantage of home field, including the first 2 games in the series...

I for one sure am hoping it will open in Minute Maid Park this Fall... They'll have to rediscover how to beat the Rangers first tho!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Not true. Several years back they made the All Star game winner the home team for the World Series. So this October whoever the American League champion will host the National League champion and will have a 4 games to 3 advantage of home field, including the first 2 games in the series...

I for one sure am hoping it will open in Minute Maid Park this Fall... They'll have to rediscover how to beat the Rangers first tho!
          They actually changed that back to where it does not decide the home team for the World Series last year. I loved the previous way so much better, gave meaning to the game.

Comment

Working...
          X