Classifieds observation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sendit View Post
    If you post "I'll take it" on this or any other forum you should be held to it. If you decide to bail you should be roasted at the stake/pointed out/shamed etc.

As far as location... If you don't know the location of the item before stating "I'll buy it"it's on you buddy. It's not hard to ask on a thread or in a PM. You either want it or you don't.

Shipping/getting the item shouldn't deter buying the item if you want it.
    "ill take it" should not be used to hold an item but you will still have folks that will unfortunately.
    Lighten up Francis! It was an honest mistake and I immediately corrected it. It happens to the best of us. Trust me- this is nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      I think there is a cretin unwritten etiquette that most of us try to fallow. Most sellers tend to honor a persons place in line. Simply saying "PM sent" usually suffices but in the last few years there seems to be little sacred ground. I think thats why guys call first dibs so quick. Kind of like buying a STIC knife on here. I would rather honor a guy that calls first dibs and give him a chance to buy before I'd sell to a guy that tried to skip over everyone else and send a PM without ever commenting on the thread. If all you want to do is sell to the first guy with the money there is always CL.
      Depending on what's for sale I want the communications done via PM.

Don't need everyone with access to the classifieds knowing how I spend my money or what types of nice things I've just bought.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        Depending on what's for sale I want the communications done via PM.

Don't need everyone with access to the classifieds knowing how I spend my money or what types of nice things I've just bought.
        Fair enough. As a seller, if someone sends me a PM without commenting I don't save them a place in line if others have spoken up and shown interest. Other guys that think they are 2nd or 3rd in line don't know that I got 10 PM's from people wanting to buy it out from under the 1st place guy. I just like to keep all my dealings out in the open. When it gets down to talking about the actual deal, I always do that by phone and not Text or PM. I won't buy from anyone that won't talk to me first.

Comment

Not me when I type I'll take it we only need to arrange payment and delivery or pick up.

Comment

It ain’t always the buyer. Sometimes it’s the seller that ain’t got his crap together, or is just dishonest.

Comment

The first "I'll take it" means nothing to me. I will sell it to whomever I want to. Somebody got butthurt in the classifieds this weekend because the seller sold it to someone that PMed and the guy that posted "I'll take it" didn't get it. If I post "I'll take it", I've committed to it and will buy it regardless. But...I reserve the right to sell to whomever in the hell I want to, and if that hurts "I'll take it" guy's feelings, then tough crap.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                If you post "I'll take it" on this or any other forum you should be held to it. If you decide to bail you should be roasted at the stake/pointed out/shamed etc.

This times eleventy billion.

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                Most sellers tend to honor a persons place in line. Simply saying "PM sent" usually suffices but in the last few years there seems to be little sacred ground.
                This is garbage. "PM Sent" could be eight hundred different things, none of which are an intent to purchase. "I'll take it" means exactly one thing. While the seller absolutely has the right to set his owns rules for a sale, no one who wants to unequivocally accept the publicly advertised offer should have to wait in line behind all the people with questions, the tire kickers, the low-ballers, and the worthless trade offers. In my opinion.

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                I wish you could narrow down classifieds to regions.....seems most stuff I am interested in is too far away.....
                I wish there was a way people could say where their item is located. Oh wait, there is: they could just write it in the freaking title!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  The first "I'll take it" means nothing to me. I will sell it to whomever I want to. Somebody got butthurt in the classifieds this weekend because the seller sold it to someone that PMed and the guy that posted "I'll take it" didn't get it. If I post "I'll take it", I've committed to it and will buy it regardless. But...I reserve the right to sell to whomever in the hell I want to, and if that hurts "I'll take it" guy's feelings, then tough crap.
                  Yes!....there are some richards on here that I will never sell too as well!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    This is garbage......... In my opinion.
                    Sure Glad that's only your opinion. Kind of like my statement was just my opinion. I don't think it warranted to be called garbage. 84,331 people on this forum last I looked I bet there are a few different opinions.
                    Last edited by Hoggslayer; 07-11-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

This times eleventy billion.

This is garbage. "PM Sent" could be eight hundred different things, none of which are an intent to purchase. "I'll take it" means exactly one thing. While the seller absolutely has the right to set his owns rules for a sale, no one who wants to unequivocally accept the publicly advertised offer should have to wait in line behind all the people with questions, the tire kickers, the low-ballers, and the worthless trade offers. In my opinion.

I wish there was a way people could say where their item is located. Oh wait, there is: they could just write it in the freaking title!
                      I have lost my shot at more than a few items over the years because someone beat me with a PM- even without that person posting "PM Sent". Stinks, but it is ultimately up to the seller to sell to whomever they wish.

There is no "Buy It Now" option.

Comment

Another classified rant... shocking

Comment

A while back someone posted a rifle on here that I wanted, several people posted oohs and ahhs and one guy tried to beat the OP up on price, so I just posted that I would take it and pay full amount. I was a dirty bastage after that according to one guy that was not involved in the sale and the other yayhoo that was trying to negotiate a price. The seller posted back on my defense.

If you post something on here that I want, and its a fair price I will buy it. I could give two chits about some jack wagon trying to get a bargain or some goofy azz trade, I will step in line and offer full pop and buy it. Sorry about your luck.

Comment

I finally sold a poly tank to the 6th TBH'er that said he would take it. That was very frustrating. A couple of the "I will take it" guys had no means to come and get it. A couple more showed up and realized it was bigger than they thought it would be. I posted the dimensions in the thread along with pics. That was very time consuming and frustrating. Other than that I haven't had any issues. If I am trying to sell something I absolutely give priority to the first to say "I'll take it."

It hasn't always worked for me when I've seen something I've wanted to buy. A few times I have posted first "I'll take it," and the OP sold it to someone else. It's their decision to do so. It does suck sometimes, but they are the owner and can sell to anyone they want. "I'll take it" is not a binding contract. That being said, when I say it, I will stand by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              A while back someone posted a rifle on here that I wanted, several people posted oohs and ahhs and one guy tried to beat the OP up on price, so I just posted that I would take it and pay full amount. I was a dirty bastage after that according to one guy that was not involved in the sale and the other yayhoo that was trying to negotiate a price. The seller posted back on my defense.

If you post something on here that I want, and its a fair price I will buy it. I could give two chits about some jack wagon trying to get a bargain or some goofy azz trade, I will step in line and offer full pop and buy it. Sorry about your luck.
                              Radar, I know you are not a dirty bastage!!!

Comment

I always shoot straight. If I say I’m going to take it, I do. I expect buyers to honor what they say. TBH has overall been great to me barring a couple of jackwagons that end up on my do not engage list.

Comment

Working...
                                X