All Star game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Star game!

I can’t believe I’ve watched over 50 of these. The first I remember clearly was in 1965 when I was 9. I spent all my allowance and any money I earned on baseball cards. As each player came to bat I pulled their card out of the cigar box and put them on the coffee table in front of the TV. That year the rosters included names like Aaron, Rose, Drysdale, Gibson, Mantle, Killebrew, Robinson and Mays. Wow. I had all their cards but have no idea whatever happened to them Fox does a great job with it - I enjoy all the interviews and the mic on the players is cool

Yes time marches on ,really enjoying the game.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

We stand up together honoring our TBH brothers and sisters who passed from cancer

Sadly there are to many to list you will never be forgotten

Comment

Tuned in.

Great as always minus Joe Buck.....

Comment

Miked up players is greatness. buck keeps it interesting, can't wait for WS and fox football with troy to start up.

Comment

Pitcher's duel so far... tends to make for a "boring" game for most fans, but I love it!!

You Astro's and Ranger's fans notice how the National guys, commentators and annalists all but ignore both teams... Hardly any mention of the facts that almost half the starting team for the AL was Astros. The first hit of the game was an Astro. The first run scored was an Astro off a double hit by an Astro... Yet, all these arseholes can talk about is how great the Yanks and Dodgers are...

Comment

The interview with Lindor was tip top.

Comment

Tuned in, great game so far

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Pitcher's duel so far... tends to make for a "boring" game for most fans, but I love it!!

You Astro's and Ranger's fans notice how the National guys, commentators and annalists all but ignore both teams... Hardly any mention of the facts that almost half the starting team for the AL was Astros. The first hit of the game was an Astro. The first run scored was an Astro off a double hit by an Astro... Yet, all these arseholes can talk about is how great the Yanks and Dodgers are...
                  Oh, I noticed. It's either Yanks, Dodgers or Red Sox. What is wrong with A-Rod he kept petting CC's arm during the pre game interview? J-Lo might be a cover, that guy has some serious man crush issues.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    I can’t believe I’ve watched over 50 of these. The first I remember clearly was in 1965 when I was 9. I spent all my allowance and any money I earned on baseball cards. As each player came to bat I pulled their card out of the cigar box and put them on the coffee table in front of the TV. That year the rosters included names like Aaron, Rose, Drysdale, Gibson, Mantle, Killebrew, Robinson and Mays. Wow. I had all their cards but have no idea whatever happened to them Fox does a great job with it - I enjoy all the interviews and the mic on the players is cool
                    Much the same for me as well! I too remember watching this group of players back in the day. Some other larger-than-life players from our early years included Kaline, Yastrzemski (my favorite position player), McCovey, Seaver (favorite pitcher), Lolich and McLain, Powell, etc. The list can go on forever. I loved watching the one, maybe two games on TV each week- the Saturday 'Game of the Week', listening to Curt Gowdy, Tony Kubek, and Joe Garagiola. Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                      Oh, I noticed. It's either Yanks, Dodgers or Red Sox. What is wrong with A-Rod he kept petting CC's arm during the pre game interview? J-Lo might be a cover, that guy has some serious man crush issues.
                      Man I saw that!!

They really had to struggle to find an MVP too... Naturally picked an Indian for the home team crowd... All he did was strike out the side... big woopie...

Comment

It’s hard for me to watch, but my 8 year old ball player LOVED it! He will spend hours watching baseball highlights on YouTube, so the chance to see Yellich, and Bellinger play is big medicine for him.

I remember watching and waiting for Ruben Sierra, Pete Incavillia, or Toby Harrsh to get their chance to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m glad y’all saw it. It was blocked out on my tv

Comment

It was actually a good game if you like the sport, but kind of boring compared to past years if you're a casual fan.

Fox does a good job of making it a big deal, and I enjoy that. I don't watch the NBA, and NFL has never been my thing, so MLB is where it's at sporting wise for me. Yes, Joe Buck sucks, but it is what it is. At least Fox gives it the attention it deserves. I enjoyed it even more when it decided home field advantage for the World Series, kind of an interesting twist that made it actually mean something.

Comment

Fox actually was the pioneer in all the baseball techie stuff. The microphones in the bases/masks were first used in the 96 series with the Yanks and Braves. I know...I was there. Installed them. Fox spent a lot of time and money creating all these computer generated stats and illustrations. Scanning playing swings pitching forms ect...The mid 90's really allowed the baseball to get very deep in the computer research game. I think it has been a plus because the fans crave what they put out.

Comment

Working...
                              X