BB gun shooting range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB gun shooting range

Made this for grandson's BD. Large targets are Mason jar lids. Small targets are teaspoons with loop bent into circle on all thread rod with tubing spacers. Large target knock down small targets flip up and stay. Pull string all reset.
    Attached Files

That is pretty dang cool.

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Haha that’s awesome.

Comment

dang cool! I would build one, but my oldest and his wife have not blessed us with a grand kid yet!

Comment

That cool!

Comment

What a great idea!

Comment

Thanks guys. Think he's gonna like it. Giving him th bb gun too, then I thought, what's he gonna shoot. Besides the neighbors windows ?;

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
                    Thanks guys. Think he's gonna like it. Giving him th bb gun too, then I thought, what's he gonna shoot. Besides the neighbors windows ?;

It is great that you are giving him something safe to shoot at. I would set up little plastic army men in my sister's sandbox to practice my sniper skills I was under strict instructions not to shoot birds. I did anyhow and got away with it until our neighbor asked my dad what he thought was killing all the sparrows that they kept finding under their big sycamore tree. I didn't see my BB gun for a month after that.

Comment

Planning on him winning BB's five at a time to shoot when he can tell me each one of the 10 commandments of shooting.

Comment

I would think spoons being dished and made of metal would have terrible potential for ricochet injury with steel bb's

Have you tested it by shooting it with bb's?
                        Last edited by Lungbustr; 06-18-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I like it !

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                            I would think spoons being dished and made of metal would have terrible potential for ricochet injury with steel bb's

Have you tested it by shooting it with bb's?
                            If they were stationary I would agree. They are not. They spin on a piece of all thread rod. Yes, I have tested it a couple hundred times, it's fun an hard to stop testing. He will be wearing shooting glasses, so will spectators. Thanks.

Comment

I also have a piece of plastic tarp material hanging about 4 inches behind the spoons to absorb any energy bb might have left before it hits the back of the box. If he misses the spoon completely, the bb goes thru the tarp, hits the back and doesn't have enough juice to come back thru the tarp. Very high odds that it won't find the hole it made on pass thru.

Comment

Working...
                              X