• Show
Clear All

tagged

Comment

Good timing! Plan on trying several of these

Comment

Stealing some of these.

Comment

Not specific to crappie, but recently I've been scaling and then filleting some of my fish leaving the skin on. Then I'll usually pan sear or blacken in butter in a cast iron skillet. Takes a little practice with smaller fish. I do a lot of fish tacos, but could also just serve with some veggies for healthier option. Basically this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV3FykMe_BM"]Perfect Seared Fish - YouTube[/ame]
          Last edited by Grizz83; 03-25-2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Blackened is usually what I do if I don't fry it. I use a lot of butter and the seasoning with the old mans face on the bottle and I kinda stir fry it and serve it in tacos.

Comment

Crappie Bake

Saute some garlic and sliced onion in olive oil. Slice some vine ripe tomatoes. Melt a stick of butter. Pour butter in to 9 x 11 baking dish. Place filets in the bottom. Cover filets with tomato slices. Spread onions and garlic over tomato's. Squeeze lemon over the top. Bake for 15 - 20 mins @ 350. Eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                Make ceviche with it. Very healthy.

This!

Comment

Ate some crappie fillets off the grill last night. Seasoned them with Zatarain's blackening season, layed them on some sliced lemons in a tin foil bed with a some olive oil and butter on top. Grilled for about 8 minutes and it was delicious!

Comment

Broiled some in olive oil and seasoning last night and sauteed some onions and cilantro and made tacos with shredded cabbage, thousand island dressing, and cheese! Super easy meal and everybody liked them! Crappie melts tonight with the leftover fillets. Kids wont eat those but they can have a grilled cheese!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Fish tacos!

Saute red onion and garlic in iron skillet with butter.
                        Add a little red wine vinegar and lemon or lime juice.
                        Add filets and cook until done.
                        Add in fresh cilantro, thyme, and lemon pepper when filets are added to skillet.

Pan fry white corn tortillas to make them a little crunchy.

Top tacos with feta, fresh cilantro, and pepper sauce.

Comment

Pyrex dish, lined with fillets, sqeeze of lemon and season with your favorite seasonings. Cover dish with SaranWrap.
                          Nuke for 5 minutes, let stand for 5 more.
                          Disgard juices and serve.

Comment

Tagged!

Comment

Put in air fryer. Salt pepper Butter Pam spray. Fried Healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by raftermtx95 View Post
                                Fried is the only way to eat crappie in my opinion.
                                My opinion also ! ( I’ve tried other ways but fried is best, healthy or not) I can’t believe no sues vide recommendations yet, or I missed them, but I would guess that way could be “ healthiest”. I’ve tried several that way, but can’t say they were good, no way were they better then fried. But some one may have a secret recipe this way.
                                Last edited by critter69; 05-27-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X