Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect Venison Steak (ELK)

My fellow TBH'ers!

I was blessed to have shot an elk with my bow last season and I've enjoyed a new (to me) cooking method for elk tenderloin and backstrap that I wanted to share with you in a video.

I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. The cooking method is Souse Vide and I love it.

Enjoy:

Very nice Jessie
    great job my brother..

Comment

Thank You! Only problem with that recipe is that I'm out of elk steaks.... hahaha!

Comment

That's just about the only way I cook venison anymore. Looks perfect!

Comment

This is the first time I try it and I'm sold. The pear-burner searing technique makes a world of difference too IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesg1224 View Post
            This is the first time I try it and I'm sold. The pear-burner searing technique makes a world of difference too IMO.
            I'll have to try the pear burner. I usually just use a smokin' hot cast iron skillet.

Comment

Try it out and let me know what you think. I've done both and I think the burner is the way to go. Also forces me to do it outside which keeps me from smoking up the house by using the hot cast iron skillet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesg1224 View Post
                Try it out and let me know what you think. I've done both and I think the burner is the way to go. Also forces me to do it outside which keeps me from smoking up the house by using the hot cast iron skillet.
                Will do

Comment

Nice, man that looked good

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                    I'll have to try the pear burner. I usually just use a smokin' hot cast iron skillet.
                    I’ve tried about every way, except a pear burner, and don’t care for my steaks cooked this way. I will try the torch searing method.

Comment

Tried the pear burner tonight. My wife said she though it was the best venison she’d had.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	31DA68A3-D96F-48DF-8593-86F5D43AFC67.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	24575374

Comment

Bucket list for sure.

Comment

Excellent Gunnyart!!! Glad you enjoyed it. It looks delicious

Comment

I should have shared a good pic in addition to the video early on... I just can't resist now that I saw Gunnyarts pic..... I'm getting so hungry right now.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Made it again last night. It was amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X