No announcement yet.

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garden work the last few days. Pulling roots, compost spreading, mushroom mulch delivered, 4 passes with the tiller.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Retirement looks like hard work! But rewarding!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        Retirement looks like hard work! But rewarding!
        It's all the kind of work I like to do!

Comment

Do you have enough deer and hogs around to warrant a fence around the garden? Think it more so depends on how domesticated they are. Neighborhoodish deer will tear it up hopefully your deer are wild enough to not come that close to the house. Looks good though that mushroom compost kicks butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
            Do you have enough deer and hogs around to warrant a fence around the garden? Think it more so depends on how domesticated they are. Neighborhoodish deer will tear it up hopefully your deer are wild enough to not come that close to the house. Looks good though that mushroom compost kicks butt.
            Deer are pretty wild. Hogs have been scarce but I just don't know if I can justify the expense of a fence for just in case. I'm sure I'll regret that decision at some point. Sounds like a good excuse to sit outside at night with a cold beer and a 22 mag

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Deer are pretty wild. Hogs have been scarce but I just don't know if I can justify the expense of a fence for just in case. I'm sure I'll regret that decision at some point. Sounds like a good excuse to sit outside at night with a cold beer and a 22 mag

I don’t like vegetables enough to fence mine either. Neighbor has about 1/4 acre garden with deer in the back pasture. Deer don’t mess with their garden much if at all but it’s out in the open. Good luck gardening on that scale is a full time job

Comment

I don’t like vegetables enough to fence mine either. Neighbor has about 1/4 acre garden with deer in the back pasture. Deer don’t mess with their garden much if at all but it’s out in the open. Good luck gardening on that scale is a full time job
                Thanks. I have no idea what I'm doing so it ought to be interesting. In fact I'm making a YouTube video kind of making fun of all the technical terms and fancy implements and high dollar fertilizer. I'll post a link when I get through. [emoji2][emoji2]

Comment

Run a couple strands hot wires around the garden. Might keep the deer and pigs out. Just a thought.

Comment

Fresh out of hot wire! [emoji2]

Comment

Hahaha, my wife made me work my juevos rancheros off building a fence around our garden/orchard and my whole thought was, "It's ok if they eat some."

And as far as having a big garden, my grandparents (both sides) always had a huge garden; my parents always had a huge garden too. I mostly hated it, growing up. Wife and I have always had a fairly small, non-wasteful garden until this year. She's planning the mother lode of gardens and I really just want to come home from work and not do anything else when I get here.

Comment

Picked up a new implement today to help maintain our roads, trails, and the 9+- acres that are cleared. So far so good. This Armstrong Ag LR-6 is seriously overbuilt compared to the other models I looked at. Kubota dealer ordered it from me and had it painted orange and put the optional stand on it so it will sit up right when not in use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	329887788_932890414393260_5451619045166406827_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	24708435

Name:	330813762_1125813664754870_4853036024183821420_n.jpg
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	24708436

Name:	331745425_3088335531459328_8028369000499478724_n.jpg
Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	24708437

Comment

Looking good Bobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Garden work the last few days. Pulling roots, compost spreading, mushroom mulch delivered, 4 passes with the tiller.

Who did you use to deliver the mulch?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                              Who did you use to deliver the mulch?
                              I'll text u.

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Garden vid-ya

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Working...