Company logo on personal truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company logo on personal truck?

What are your thoughts on being asked to put company decals on a personal vehicle? I manage a small company but do not own it and receive no compensation for my truck. I just bought a new truck in '19 and really don't want it stickered up. I told them that and said it would be different if they were paying for my truck and insurance. The PM that works for me was asked the same thing and seems to be fine with it. I feel like company logo decals can be a magnet for someone to attempt to cause a wreck thinking they can get something. Besides that, I just don't want decals on my new truck. Am I being petty? How would y'all feel if your company asked you to do that?

I wouldn’t do it unless they were paying for the truck and insurance and fuel. Why should you advertise and be held liable for nothing. No way!

Comment

That would be a NO from me. If they were paying for the truck or you had a car allowance that the company paid for, maybe. But a brand new truck that I bought and paid for, no stickers or magnets other than what I would put on there myself.

Comment

No from me as well.

Comment

If they ain’t payin.....I ain’t playin

Comment

No

Comment

Absolutely not, personal truck with no ties to the company, now if they want to pay the note thats a different story

Comment

You're not being petty at all, I'd never put company decals on my personal vehicle. Now if they paid your vehicle note and insurance that's a different story. Even then I dont like anyone having that kind of influence on my personal property.

Comment

Absolutely not.

Comment

I agree with the others, its not petty. It is YOUR vehicle not theirs. If they want the advertisement of rolling billboards then they need to pay for or rent those billboards, not just the message on them.

Comment

Hell ******** no you're not being petty. I hated putting sticky's on my last work truck,and I own the truck;and the company!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it a ford?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You get in a accident and someone gets a photo of that to your insurance company and your insurance may not cover you.

Comment

I would not want to do it and I don't see how they can require it if they are not compensating you

On the other hand if your income depends on it, I might have different thoughts

But for me I want no banners, bumper stickers, or decals of stick figures p**ing on my vehicle at all

Comment

My wife works for USAA and I just asked her about your question , her response was “usaa will not cover a personal vehicle with wraps or company logo leaving you libel in a accident they have a list of companies that will
                              I would politely decline the request
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-22-2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X