No announcement yet.

Advice needed on newly installed countertops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t have anything nice to say but jeeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
      Thanks for the input guys. I’m not sure where this is going to go. Looks like we will have to chalk it up as a hard lesson learned. My biggest complaint is we were pretty adamant on having a grey / white color scheme..... I do not see how they just neglected to tell us that there is freaking purple splattered all throughout. I think the granite is beautiful and looks great from a distance......but it is not the look we wanted.

Looks good in these pics.

Leave it.

If you don't like it in 2 years then have it replaced

Comment

I understand it’s not what you were going for but man I think it looks fantastic!

Comment

At this point I’m afraid it’s lesson learned. I’m amazed that no one you know, the builder or the supplier didn’t recommend picking out the slabs in person. We spent 8+ days shopping specific slabs. Finally found 2 we were happy with after visiting many suppliers. It’s amazing how different some of the materials were one slab to another - or even in the same block. As stated above, we even picked out the cut from each slab.

I think the kitchen is looking good regardless. It is still grey/white color scheme.

Comment

Heck get a couple years out of it and then get new. It will probably grow on you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Not too shabby I like it. Too bad all the purple is in front of sink. You’ll get use to it. All good carry on Soldier.

Comment

If the contractor suggested seeing in person and you selected off pics instead out of convenience, I think that’s on you. But if they didn’t offer that as an option, they most certainly should have.

When doing remodeling projects, it’s very easy to get a heightened sense of awareness to every tiny little detail. Im pretty ocd and I know when I do projects at my house, little details such as this can drive me crazy if not perfect or how I thought I wanted it. Over time, once I get back to being busy with life, etc.... these small details I let consume me seem to not bother me any more. And at times, I’ve been embarrassed that I made such a big deal about them. It’s easy to do. And I think most people probably do the same.

I hope it all works out for the best! Kitchen looks great btw.

Comment

I bet by the time your done you'll like the look. I'd say accept it and move forward.

Comment

I don't think your being picky at all, I wouldnt be happy with that either. Unfortunately if those are the slabs you picked you are probably SOL. Also side note have them put paper on top of those counters, they don't need to be putting tools and stuff on your new granite!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      Funny how that first picture is taken from the side where those purple spots aren't noticeable. The rest of the photos are taken face on.
                      yep. in my opinion, this was a lie by omission.

Comment

I actually think it looks really good, but I can absolutely understand being surprised by that.

If you ever do decide it's too much and you want to redo it, look up "Super White Dolomite". It's not quite as hard as granite but it's much harder than marble and is probably exactly the look you're going for.

Comment

Working...
                        X