Advice needed on newly installed countertops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed on newly installed countertops

Looking for some green screen advice. Our house burnt earlier in the year and we are currently renovating a new home to live in. Our last house had marble counters that we loved the look of them but hated how easily they were scratched /
    Damaged.

We opted to go with granite for this home renovation and told the company that’s supplying / installing the floors & counters that we wanted a grey & white countertop. We looked through lots of pictures from the show room floors and opted to go with glacier white. Below are the actual slabs we picked out from pictures they sent us. We picked 4 slabs that would be needed.

Fast forward to Friday and we get our counters installed. We are not happy with the look of them. There’s lots of PURPLE all throughout the granite. Almost looks as though wine was splattered all over them.

Obviously the biggest lesson learned from this is to always physically put your eyes on what’s going in your home. We went off of the picture and it looks like that was a mistake. We didn’t see the counters until late Friday evening and talked briefly with our counter guy. He told us they wouldn’t leave us hanging and he’d get with me Monday. Are we overreacting / being to picky ? Any tips / advice would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t be happy with that either. I have learned like you said to see the actual slab of granite you are getting in person.

Comment

Definitely not being picky! The only one of the pictures that the installed top could possibly be is the first one, and I can't tell for sure but I sure don't see the wine spots. Make sure you get what you paid for.

Comment

I think we have that granite and it goes well with our set up. Wow, we bought that rock 5 years ago in New Orleans. When we agreed on the slab, it was mark-up so it wouldn't be re-sold. Not sure what I see in your picture, maybe yours was marked.

However, call you granite representative. Someone else probably has your slab. Bottom line, you should get what you paid for.

Good luck

Comment

I dont think your being u reasonable here.

Comment

I have noticed glacier white sometimes has purple in it. Usually the slabs have white dust on them and when they get fabricated and cleaned up, it really stands out.

Comment

I understand being upset about your granite. You should get what color you picked

Funny. I picked out the wildest granite for our new house that has a lotta color, including purple.

Comment

We have the same granite and like it a lot, we picked our slabs in person. Our spots are little more muted in color though.

Comment

We picked our slabs out But the lighting was not good in the warehouse . Moonwhite slab in good light is gray.

Comment

Based on the pictures you were supplied and picked. You are not being unreasonable. Any company worth a darn will make it right.

Comment

Those spots are definitely a little too much for me. Not unreasonable at all.

Comment

they are clearly visible in the first picture though at the distance and lighting you wouldn't know they are purple spots. then the next couple of pictures, it seems they purposefully took pictures from areas that had no spots.

Comment

Learn to love it.. Or redo it and make sure you put your eyes on it before install.

Cheapest thing would be learn to love it. LOL. Good luck. Personally I think it looks pretty good, but I get why it was a shock with the purple tones being unexpected.

Comment

Update:
                            Just spoke with the counter company. They said those are the slabs that we picked and it’s what they installed.

We’ve got 3 options
                            1) live with them....but now they want the remaining $15000 for the rest of the flooring job up front. They are worried we will get the floors installed and then say we aren’t paying the remaining balance because we hate the counters.
                            2) pay out of pocket to have the counters removed and then pay for new counters
                            3) Cut ties.. We’ve already paid them 15k as a down payment for materials. The counters are going to be close to 9k. So we will get 6k back, cut ties....but still be stuck with the purple counters

Comment

Ouch, that's kinda what I thought would happen!
                              Bite the bullet now and rip them out. If you and wife aren't happy with them now, you sure won't be later down the road. Sucks tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X