Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenZ View Post
    Went to Matagorda this morning, surf was rough and dirty with a strong current. Was able to fish shallow and found some.

6.5# 28”

Ended with 7 between 2 of us. I would’ve turned around when I got there if I didn’t have the wife and kids with me for beach day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice catch! That’s a great fish, is that your personal best?

Comment

Went to Matagorda this morning, surf was rough and dirty with a strong current. Was able to fish shallow and found some.

6.5# 28”

Ended with 7 between 2 of us. I would’ve turned around when I got there if I didn’t have the wife and kids with me for beach day.

Nice fish!!!!

Comment

Has anyone looked at the surf report for Saturday. According to magic seaweed that will be the day. I could be persuaded to get up early and meet a group in surf side.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
          Nice catch! That’s a great fish, is that your personal best?
          Not my personal best, but it might be the biggest I’ve pulled from the surf.

Comment

Last 3 days here near Destin has been some tough fishing. Really rough one day, next day was seaweed thick enough to be used as house carpet, today was zero bites. Decent N wind is making the surf nearly flat, but no bites. Tried spoon, gotcha plug, topwater, live living some croaker caught on a sabiki rig.. nothing. Not a bite...

Here until Saturday morning, so gonna keep trying a couple more times..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
              Last 3 days here near Destin has been some tough fishing. Really rough one day, next day was seaweed thick enough to be used as house carpet, today was zero bites. Decent N wind is making the surf nearly flat, but no bites. Tried spoon, gotcha plug, topwater, live living some croaker caught on a sabiki rig.. nothing. Not a bite...

I'll hit town a few hours after you leave. Actually planned the trip around the solunar calendar this time. Mid next weeks shows to be good. We shall see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                Has anyone looked at the surf report for Saturday. According to magic seaweed that will be the day. I could be persuaded to get up early and meet a group in surf side.
                Hard to believe that the water will clear with that much east wind, but if the fish are still there it should be fishable. It would likely be better from a boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  I'll be in Mexico this weekend at the ranch, if you boys go I hope y'all tear em up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    I'll be in Mexico this weekend at the ranch, if you boys go I hope y'all tear em up!!

Careful down there Shane... buddies were at our place last weekend, 110 degrees by 2 o'clock... HOT!!

Don't over heat!

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post

That was my experience surf fishing in Florida. Get you a kayak and get there and you’ll catch plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Careful down there Shane... buddies were at our place last weekend, 110 degrees by 2 o'clock... HOT!!

Don't over heat!
                        Only a high of 100

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

2013 Majek Extreme with Yamaha 250 SHO...for sale in classifieds.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                            Are those as good as Redfish throats?? Cause I love redfish throats.

Better. More to them. I could eat a dozen redfish throats. Only had three snapper the other night.

Comment

6.5# 28”

Nice fish! Bout to head south to a buddys camp on the island, i figured the surf would be tore up but looks like the fish are in it at least. Might be worth a ride down the beach in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                                I'll hit town a few hours after you leave. Actually planned the trip around the solunar calendar this time. Mid next weeks shows to be good. We shall see if it makes a difference.
                                Throw a silver spoon in the surf down that way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X