Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roadscholar View Post
    Not too windy today, so I think I'll get the boat out. Should be plenty of shad up in the newly-flooded vegetation.

Let us know how you do.

Comment

PK continues it's release at 654 cfs. That's 1 cfs fast than yesterday at this time.
      Grandbury has dropped it's release rate to 2,218. Not much from yesterday. But it is some.

W lake has come up a bit more and currently sits at 2.91 feet above normal. It is continuing to release 4,433 cfs.

A lake has come up slightly also. And currently sits at 1.39 feet above normal. It has increased it's release rate by 1 cfs also.

And I'm hold-n back as much water as I can in my backyard, to keep from flooding the W lake.

Comment

Started fishing around noon yesterday, lower end of the lake.
        Put out 5 jugs, and in a couple of hours only caught 1 eater-size blue cat.

Moved up into a cove and caught two keeper stripers around 4pm, 25" and 23". One was on a 3" chartreuse curly-tail jig, one on topwater with a zara spook.
        About 4' of water, near flooded trees.

Caught 5 throwback stripers around 16-17" on the zara spook too. So they're definitely up in the shallows looking for spawning shad. Thinking about going at the crack of dawn tomorrow. If they're hitting topwater in late-afternoon, I reckon the first hour of daylight would be great.

Comment

Water temp was 67-68 on the main lake, 70-71 up in the shallows.
          Clarity was good.

Comment

PK is now releasing 684 cfs. Grandbury has cut it's release back to 898 cfs.

W lake is still releasing 4433 cfs. And sits at 2.77 feet above normal.

A lake is sitting at 1.35 feet above normal. And releasing 159 cfs.

24 hour change data on the district web page is not functioning at this moment.

I just might grab a hand full of rods and go sit on some freshly flooded grassy banks tomorrow evening. And see if I can catch some catfish. Or might go Saturday evening.

Comment

PK releasing 684 cfs. Grandbury is releasing 899 cfs.

W lake has dropped slightly to 2.58 feet above normal. It continues to release at 4,453 cfs.

A lake sits at 1.30 feet above normal. And is releasing 159 cfs.

Comment

W lake dropped to 2.38 feet above normal as of this time this morning. Pretty quick for less than 24 hours.

A lake at 1.25 feet above normal.

Comment

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there.

PK still releasing at 684 cfs. Grandbury still at 899 cfs.

W lake has dropped a little bit more to 2.04 feet above normal. It is still releasing 4,433 cfs.

A lake is down to 1.16 feet above normal. And releasing 158 cfs.

If you've never fished the cat-walk below the dam on the A lake, it's a good time to do so. There are parking places near the outlet to park. Float a jig or minnow under a bobber. And let the current push it around. You just might be surprised at what happen.

Comment

PK has cut it's release back to 432 cfs. But, Grandbury has increased it's release to 1,339 cfs.

W lake sits at 1.76 feet above normal. And is still releasing 4,433 cfs.

A lake sits at 1.12 feet above normal. And still releasing 158 cfs.

Comment

Just an update before the rains come.

PK is releasing 324 cfs. Grandbury is releasing 899 cfs.

The W lake has dropped to .84 feet above normal. And is releasing 4,427 cfs.

A lake sits at .95 feet above normal. And is releasing 158 cfs.

Wonder how much rain we will get in the upper Brazos basin.

Comment

PK is now releasing 1,304 cfs. Grandbury is releasing 7,675 cfs.

W lake is 1.53 feet above normal and rising. Has come up .65 feet in the last 24 hours to date. It continues releasing 4,429 cfs. I don't expect this to change much considering some of the lakes down stream are releasing into the Brazos too. Most were releasing a few days ago. But some have shut down.

A lake is now 1.84 feet above normal. And is releasing 160 cfs. Anybody been on the catwalk below the dam yet?

Comment

PK is releasing 2,313 cfs, up from yesterday. Grandbury has increased it's release to 13,587 cfs. I'd "guess" the W lake will come up some more.

W lake is 2.18 feet above normal. And rising. It is releasing 4,431 cfs.

A lake is 1.88 feet above normal. Slightly more than yesterday. And has increased it's release to 315 cfs.

Comment

PK is relasing a bit more from the previous day to 2,941 cfs. Grandbury has cut it's back down to 7,184 cfs.

W lake sits at 3.03 feet above normal. And is releasing 7,032 cfs. Yall need to go catfish the 3 foot flooded grass right now!

A lake is 1.80 feet above normal, slightly down from yesterday. And releasing 315 cfs.

Comment

Felt great to get outside today, and not get rained on.

Mosquitoes were bad this evening though.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                Felt great to get outside today, and not get rained on.

Mosquitoes were bad this evening though.
                                I hope we don’t get anymore big rainfall totals. Not gonna be any open ramps. The brazos was ripping pretty good north of the lake. Cleburne is about as high as it gets.

If been looking into a commercial rig to kill mosquitoes, they are terrible here this year. What are you showing for water levels? I feel like my subscription got canceled. I do appreciate you posting the water level data here.

Comment

Working...
                                X