Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
    Texas Chiropractic College?

Parker University (Parker College of Chiropractic) in Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a local chiropractor that is like stated above, a good ol' country boy who is no nonsense. he charges $40, knows my back and problem areas and I go in when I need to get adjusted. He tells me all the time that if I would stretch daily I wouldn't have these issues, but it also doesn't help that I lift pretty heavy in the gym on a daily basis. When I am lifting and notice that my shoulders aren't level I go in, he straightens me out, and I see him again a couple of months later.

This guy doesn't try to upsell me to some weekly plan, as a matter of fact he said if I took better care of my body I would no longer need to come in to see him.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Pokes View Post
        Have been going to chiropractors for twenty years for lower back pain. I have gone in not able to walk upright and came out strutting. They have done me wonders over the years. I have had some not so good ones that I don't go back to. Have done a lot more for me than doctors that push surgery or pills.

So you had an unsuccessful back surgery?

Comment

I have good experiences with mine. She actually started as a horse chiropractor. May use a little more voodoo than you learn in school, but it might be worth it to you to visit with one about some energy things that they use to help you out.

Comment

I can go to one to get my back cracked and feel like a new man. I feel they’re good for adjusting the alignment of your spine. That’s about it. I was on a deer lease with one of these types. Good dude who didn’t try to make chiropractic something it is not.

I know of one that answers their phone “****** Chiropractic and Attorney Referral”. In cahoots with attorneys to get insurance money from auto, comp, etc. Doctor, attorney and patient each get 1/3 of settlement.

I know of another that claimed to be able to cure everything from cancer to bed wetting. He’s dead now.

I know another that told my wife how bad it was that she let our kids eat sugar. So.... every day that she went to see him, she’d stop and get the girls a snow cone to eat in the waiting room![emoji23]

Comment

The one I go to from time to time is good. He doesnt try to sell anyone on coming in every week and all that crap. I dont go often, but always feel better when I do. I fell off an apartment building while in college and my back has been jacked up since. My daughter also goes to the same guy. She has scholiosis and is a college VB player. Her back gets pretty out of place and he always fixes her up.

Comment

I've had bad neck and back problems since a wreck I had almost 3 years ago.
                I went to a local chiropractor, and it helped, but didn't last for very long.

I do think what they do helps. I'm not sure if it's a cure all, but I do think it's worth it.

FTR, I still have a love/hate relationship with Andy!

Comment

Are you studying "non force" chiropractic or the standard crack-your-bones stuff?

I have tried both. The first standard chiropractor helped me immensely, and I trusted him. Sadly he got eaten by a shark while scuba diving. They never found his body; only his weight belt!

I then went to a couple of others, and then went to a "non force" chiro who really helped me. He never tried to get me to come in for 15 weekly sessions; just said call him if I did not get better. He knows his stuff.

Comment

Some of them will jerk you around.

Comment

Found a couple that were great they could fix pretty much anything, One passed away the other got in a bit of trouble and lost his practice. I haven't found anyone else to help me since. A little advice for you if and when you open your practice get a good massage therapist and either learn acupuncture or hire somebody that knows it you will be a hit?

Comment

I wouldn't listen to the haters.
                        You could post up the same question with "psychiatrist" as the job and you would get plenty of people who would say they would never go to one cause its BS but they come here to spill the beans on problems in their lives asking for advice.

My ex finished up her degree while we were dating. Her first gig was at a rehab clinic. Then she opened up her own practice did very well but our twins came along wrecked that.

I have read the letters from some of her patients. When patients go from being delivered to her office in a wheelchair accessible taxi then eventually driving themselves there is enough proof to see its effectiveness.

Good luck

Comment

I've had nothing but positive experiences with them. Most of the time I only go to them when I really need them. Most people nowadays want to get cured in one visit after hurting for weeks or longer. It doesn't work that way. Yes, you will usually walk out after the first visit in more pain than you came in with, but after a week or two I have always felt great. Just my experiences . Good luck.

Comment

I have had major back surgery (L4, L5, S1 Herniations). If/when it flares up I exhaust all options

Physical Therapist - Two good experiences thus far
                            Acupunture - I have had two good ones
                            Chiropractor - Two great ones, rest been meh

All have offered me relief, which is all I have ever looked for as I battle this for the rest of my life in trying to avoid a second surgery.
                            Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

First of all, congrats on your schooling and good luck with your practice. It is a very crowded field in a lot of markets.

Chiros have their place....

IMO and experience - the folks that I know who swear by their regularly chiro payouts/adjustment - my initial advise - no chiro for spinal pain without first having a real medical doctor obtain an MRI.

I have seen too many people manipulated by a chiro who had a herniated disc - yes I get that chrios take X-rays, but you need to make sure there is not something really serious going on if someone is suffering from spinal pain with no resolution from rest and conservative care.

If you truly have a physical problem or suspect you do - uncorrected disc herniation, HNP, nerve compression, cauda equina syndrome, etc - absolutely no chiro treatment without seeing an Ortho.

Comment

Here's my 2 cents....
                                I've been on the radiology imaging side of medical for the past 25 yrs.
                                Now in the right setting a good chiro is very beneficial to recovery and pain relief imo.

What I can't understand for the life of me is how a highly trained medical professional ( chiropractor) will go forward "adjust" someone's cervical or lumbar spine without getting an mri prior to.
                                I have personally seen dozens of herniated disc and vertebral dissection caused directly by the chiropractor....

Now was the disc on its way out....very likely the reason the pt goes to chiro in first place...but what about conservative treatment before thrusting the neck all about..

Makes zero sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X