No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually hunt at night....oops. Did I write that out loud?

Comment

I usually don't quit for lunch until 11:30 minimum before heading back. I've killed deer as late as 10:50. And have seen them moving at 11:15. I've been known to stay in a tree from before sun up to after sun down too. I've gone in as early as 1:30AM on opening morning, climbed my tree, and just slept there till it got light out or people started walking in.

I always try to be first in and last out.

Comment

Since people are saying there seems to be an increase of hogs this year, I was wondering if they are mostly around Lake A, or Lake W?

Comment

Hope everyone has a safe an successful year I will be in a tree opening morning looking forward to awesome year !

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post
            Since people are saying there seems to be an increase of hogs this year, I was wondering if they are mostly around Lake A, or Lake W?
            Take your pick. Both have plenty. But lake A has had an abundance in the past.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Take your pick. Both have plenty. But lake A has had an abundance in the past.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
              I don't think anyone will have issues seeing pigs this season.... if you try.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                Do folks hunt all day or call it around 10am or 11am?

Planning on visiting the area this weekend, but don't want to mess up someone morning hunt.

Depends on when the mornings coffee hits me.

Comment

well 80 pounds of corn in two spots last Saturday is gone today. Got one spot corned and ready for the morning. No sign of pigs all deer scat. Gonna be nice with the temps but I sure don't like the moon this bright. Gonna have to take a gallon zip lock of corn just in case. Good luck everyone. Be safe and be courteous of others.

Comment

Same here, I checked my spots and had all the corn eaten out in one night, so they are out there. Ready for the opener, good luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post
                      Same here, I checked my spots and had all the corn eaten out in one night, so they are out there. Ready for the opener, good luck to everyone.
                      With this moon dont forget to take some throw corn in with you in the am.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                        With this moon dont forget to take some throw corn in with you in the am.
                        Yes, planning on doing a full day sit to see how long I can go.

Comment

Good luck to y’all that are getting out this weekend. I’m stuck working in the city for the opener. Be safe.

Comment

Good luck in the morning ladies and gents

Comment

Good luck to everyone I was first one in the woods at my area locked nocked an ready to rock!!!!

Comment

Active morning here

Comment

Working...
                                X