No announcement yet.

CNC router projects! who has one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I partially funded Martin's upgrade ... kinda ...

After a few computer hiccups, I got his old machine up and running, and cut a few pinewood derby car chassis. I'm already addicted to playing with this thing and pushed a few of my "real" projects aside to play with it.

I don't know if this is good or bad!

Comment

Wow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        I partially funded Martin's upgrade ... kinda ...

After a few computer hiccups, I got his old machine up and running, and cut a few pinewood derby car chassis. I'm already addicted to playing with this thing and pushed a few of my "real" projects aside to play with it.

I don't know if this is good or bad!
        Glad it up and running!!! distractions make life interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
          Glad it up and running!!! distractions make life interesting!
          I've built a little side cabinet to hold my laptop.
          I think you're gonna like it ... I'll post some pictures when I finish it.

Comment

I'm going to make a double fold up door over the computer as well as a dust door f poi r the cabinet, but this is what it looks like when you're zeroing the machine.

Sent from my SM-A600AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

This is what it looks like pushed out of the way.
              I'll put a latch in both directions to hold it in place.

Comment

weird for some reason Ive stopped getting notifications from this thread.

I like it!!! Im probably going to steal that!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  I'm going to make a double fold up door over the computer as well as a dust door f poi r the cabinet, but this is what it looks like when you're zeroing the machine.

Nice work!! That light is going to be real helpful!

Comment

Working on some v carving. New 90 degree v bit really makes that lettering look awesome

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a project where a template would be helpful. Is there anyone in dfw that could help route a template for me that I could use a straight edge router bit on?

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                        I have a project where a template would be helpful. Is there anyone in dfw that could help route a template for me that I could use a straight edge router bit on?
                        I can do it and ship it to you if can't find anyone.

Comment

My daughter ordered the XXL and it showed up yesterday on the porch. I guess I will be building a table and getting it set up this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
                            My daughter ordered the XXL and it showed up yesterday on the porch. I guess I will be building a table and getting it set up this weekend.
                            Very cool! Just the basic or did she upgrade the x axis?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I couldn’t honestly tell you she ordered it on her own so I have no idea. This is all new to me so I’m sure I will be learning way more about it than I ever planned on. She has been playing with a couple of the free software programs. The box hasn’t been opened so I can’t say what it is. I told her to go big so she got the xxl. I know the box is 143lbs. That’s the extent of my knowledge on the subject so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
                                I couldn’t honestly tell you she ordered it on her own so I have no idea. This is all new to me so I’m sure I will be learning way more about it than I ever planned on. She has been playing with a couple of the free software programs. The box hasn’t been opened so I can’t say what it is. I told her to go big so she got the xxl. I know the box is 143lbs. That’s the extent of my knowledge on the subject so far.
                                Oh yeah! It's heavy.

Comment

Working...
                                X