Clear All

Christmas gifts

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Used it to make templates for this river table

Comment

Looks like fun projects.

Have you tried making a wooden AR15 mag speed loader?
        This is a couple of videos showing you how to build this pretty awesome AR-15/M4 wooden magazine speed loader. This actually seems pretty simple to build...

Comment

Those are neat...Yall are making some cool stuff

Comment

Great job Mmoses!! Keep it up

Comment

I've been following this thread since the beginning and am looking hard into getting in the game. The amount of products out there is slightly overwhelming. Prices are all over the place depending on size, router vs. spindle, frame material, servo vs. stepper, etc... I don't want to spend more than necessary, but I also don't want to go cheap and regret it. All my research keeps pointing to the Bob's CNC as one of the best bang for the buck. The biggest negative I've read in the assembly time required, however buyers have said the assembly instructions are excellent, customer service is great, and they learn a lot about the machine due to the need for assembly. Does anyone have experience with this one? What other machines should I look at other than the Shapeoko? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                I've been following this thread since the beginning and am looking hard into getting in the game. The amount of products out there is slightly overwhelming. Prices are all over the place depending on size, router vs. spindle, frame material, servo vs. stepper, etc... I don't want to spend more than necessary, but I also don't want to go cheap and regret it. All my research keeps pointing to the Bob's CNC as one of the best bang for the buck. The biggest negative I've read in the assembly time required, however buyers have said the assembly instructions are excellent, customer service is great, and they learn a lot about the machine due to the need for assembly. Does anyone have experience with this one? What other machines should I look at other than the Shapeoko? Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H2QH17J...v_ov_lig_dp_it
                Bob's is an interesting machine. I can only speak for the pictures of it on amazon.com as I have never seen one or used one. I can not see how a wood frame machine that is put together with box joints is going to remain firm and stable, (it may, but I cant see it). As for starter/hobby machines, I would stick with the Shapeoko or the X-carve. I know price is a major deciding factor, as it was for me too. I bought the X-Carve 750mm kit and kinda wish I would have bought the larger 1000mm kit. I am limited to a cutting size of about 19in X 19in. The X-Carve also comes with good controller and all the connections for the z probe, all the steppers and other accessories you can add to even remote start your router. Using Easel, inventables software, it connects directly to the controller so you do not have to convert g code and all that.

I am mmoses can break down the Shapeoko for you. All I know about that is the carbide software is can do a lot more than Easel can.

If you are ever around the San Antonio area hit me up and you can come check it out. Best of luck!

Drew

Comment

Originally posted by Drewboy22 View Post
                  Bob's is an interesting machine. I can only speak for the pictures of it on amazon.com as I have never seen one or used one. I can not see how a wood frame machine that is put together with box joints is going to remain firm and stable, (it may, but I cant see it). As for starter/hobby machines, I would stick with the Shapeoko or the X-carve. I know price is a major deciding factor, as it was for me too. I bought the X-Carve 750mm kit and kinda wish I would have bought the larger 1000mm kit. I am limited to a cutting size of about 19in X 19in. The X-Carve also comes with good controller and all the connections for the z probe, all the steppers and other accessories you can add to even remote start your router. Using Easel, inventables software, it connects directly to the controller so you do not have to convert g code and all that.

I am mmoses can break down the Shapeoko for you. All I know about that is the carbide software is can do a lot more than Easel can.

If you are ever around the San Antonio area hit me up and you can come check it out. Best of luck!

Drew
                  Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into the x-carve too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into the x-carve too.

You are more than welcomed to come by and look at mine. I have the XL.

The assembly on the shapeoko wasnt bad. Maybe 6 hrs?

The other one I would look at is the Mill Right Mega V. That is gear driven and not belt driven but you are on your own for software.

Sorry, but the one on amazon looks like a piece of junk. You are super limited on bits and capacity.

Comment

Now this is bass @ss!

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                        You are more than welcomed to come by and look at mine. I have the XL.

The assembly on the shapeoko wasnt bad. Maybe 6 hrs?

The other one I would look at is the Mill Right Mega V. That is gear driven and not belt driven but you are on your own for software.

Sorry, but the one on amazon looks like a piece of junk. You are super limited on bits and capacity.
                        I may take you up on the offer since I live in Pearland, so not too far away.

I thought the same at first about the Bob's on Amazon until I read all the reviews and watched a dozen or more YouTube videos. Definitely not on par with your machine, but also half the cost. But I also think you need your own software too.

Comment

Thanks to Martin for inviting me into his shop today. He has a very nice setup and was nice enough to show me the in & outs of his Shapeoko.

Comment

Thanks to Martin for inviting me into his shop today. He has a very nice setup and was nice enough to show me the in & outs of his Shapeoko.

Comment

Glad to help!

Comment

Cutting foam today!

Comment

Working...
                                X