Age thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age thoughts

Tell me what you guys think on age. I have my guess but don’t want to bias you. I’ll tell ya how old I think he is after a while. Last season was first time I saw him. These pictures are from today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Age thoughts

That’s weird that he always has that one ear up and one down.

As far as age, I don’t like to guess about y’alls sotx deer, but he has the look of a deer that’s older than you think because he looks super healthy and slick for his age. Still doesn’t look real old though....can’t see over 5.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-01-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I’m thinking at least 7

Comment

9 or 10

Comment

This is why I don’t try to age sotx deer.

Comment

Guessing 6

Comment

Mature 6+

Comment

3-4

Awesome buck for his age
                Last edited by RMW; 10-01-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Super old

Comment

Last year I thought he was 3 maybe 4. He has a small body. His antlers were better last year. He looks like he lost 10" from last year. Now I have not laid eyes on him, only trail cam pictures. I am torn, he looks 5 to me but my minds eye from last year is saying 4 and for all I know he could be over the hill 7+. Last year his drop tines were considerably longer like 3" longer on each side and his mass was better. This year he did add a second small drop off his right base and added a split brow on his right. Throwing extra points typically tells me old age. I want to give him another year but other lease members are chomping at the bit to let the air out of him. Score wise I get like 148, not a trophy in my book but his uniqueness makes him trophy in others eyes.

Comment

I say 5, i would give him another yr or two, that deer could really explode!

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
                        Super old

I haven’t hunted ST in quite a while, but this is what I am thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by D-BULL View Post
                          I say 5, i would give him another yr or two, that deer could really explode!
                          My thoughts as well, I just gotta figure out a way to keep the blood thirsty guys away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                            my thoughts as well, i just gotta figure out a way to keep the blood thirsty guys away from him.
                            yeah i hear ya! Them drop tines are death traps! Good luck!

Comment

He doesn’t appear to be post mature. Could of rutted hard last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X