Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I am. . . Lammie "villain and crook"

Here is my side on how this went:
    I am not going to bore you with a lot of detail. I'll touch on the high points for you to decide who is lying here. Attached please see the package sold, the animals hunted and the invoice he refuses to pay.

Original lodge in Zululand was no longer an option to stay at but this was not due to the sell of the lodge. This was not knew news to the hunting party of 3 ( met them in College Station to explain this 30 days before the hunt). On this point, the 3rd hunter had no complaints, paid his animals and gave us a 5 star rating. (makes you think? and this is only the beginning).

I changed their hunt location (due to unforeseen circumstances) about 30 days before they were arriving to a camp that I knew had the same high standard that we run. They paid additional plane tickets ($220 each) to this area (later I ate that cost by paying their transport back to the Zululand area). 1 day later Mr Cody decided that I was trying to trick them out of a hunting package that I sold them and he insisted to hunt Zululand.

At this point, I explained to them (again) that I will not be using my original camp down there and that I will not be able to attend the hunt and they all seemed to understand, moving the hunt to next year or cancelling the hunt was something he did not want to entertain.

3 days in to the hunt I arrived in Zululand and heard no complaints (they all had my number with an open line to me) and I even guided 1 of the hunters on a couple of occasions.

4 days into the hunt, they had shot all their animals within the package and even continued shooting some extra animals. In total they shot 23 animals in 6 days not counting misses or opportunities not taken.

The lodge was adequate, laundry was done daily. There was a water issue (burst pipe) the first night and it was sorted out (that is just how it goes in Africa). Wifi was offered to them by the PH but Cody refused it and said it was not a big deal. On top of this, the PH also offered to drive them to his house to take a shower on the 1st night.

On the pricing of animals changing, I guess he is referring to me verbally saying that any culling is about $75 outside of your package. The specific ranch they hunted (4,000 acres) did not want any additional cull animals shot at $75 per animal (his charge was $125). So they were not charged extra for the cull animals that were already in their package.

As an outfitter/PH 90% of the time you don't own the animals you are hunting so if a client was told $75 for a cull was ok, and then it changed to $125 by the ranch owner there is nothing we can do about it. I guess just not hunt them which is what Cody did. Other people in his party did go ahead and shoot additional culls for that price.

The point I am trying to make here, is that if you are a liar it will be apparent. And I am going to attach the package they bought, photos, and his invoice. And I am not going to keep checking in here to keep replying. This all started off with me refusing to discount his 2 wounded animals. And then I was threatened that he has a call in to his lawyer. I replied and said I await his call.

They were so disgruntled with the hunt, the stay and the lodge that they tipped the PH $700, and the lodge staff $300. Go figure. . .
    Attached Files

Comment

Well folks..... This just got real interesting.

Comment

in honor of Scooby-Doo Ruh Roh

as always, there are 2 sides to every pancake

based on the lynch mob mentality, I'm expected some of this
        Last edited by Cajun Blake; 09-04-2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

great man once told me, its a mighty thin pancake if it doesnt have two sides

Comment

Who has their animals ?

Comment

always 3 sides to the story, his side, their side and the truth. This should get interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
                I send him a text and tell him that I would like to see the cull animals be priced as originally agreed upon and would also like him to think about what an acceptable discount for the lack of lodging would be. He reply’s and goes straight to lawyers.... in a nutshell he said If you don’t pay I’ll take you to court and you will never see your animals.... I’m dumbfounded at this point and reply trying to ease the tensions and assure him that I’m wanting to pay, but I don’t feel as if we should be paying full price. Again, he plays hard ball and throws the lawsuit out there. This goes back and forth for a day or so and we have finally reached a dead end road. He won’t budge and I refuse to be screwed over more than I already have by this man. I don’t want to get lawyers involved, just wanna handle it like men, unfortunately he isn’t giving me an option. Am I out of line here?
                Can we see the text exchange? TBH court is still in session.

Comment

I hear you can get a great hunt at the independence ranch.

Comment

I'll be here the rest of the day.

Comment

so is the issue the $2,850 charges for the 'other' animals when they expected to pay 75/125 each?

Comment

2 sides to every story...wow!!!

And a bunch of drama

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                          TBH court is still in session.
                          [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hclZg_woK5g"]8 hours of Law and Order theme - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I forgot to address his price change/increase after the hunt. Everybody is welcome to check out my website and match that to the invoice I gave him. One hunter in the group did have significant price change to his animals (aha, here we go) the price change was a decrease (sorry haters I disappointed you again).
                            2nd Nyala bull shot by accident went from $1800 to $750
                            World class warthog from $750 to $450
                            Bush buck from $1100 to $850

This happens when the hunter communicates during the hunt about pricing and we understand when a mistake is made and will happily address the issue. I would love to see the price increase that Mr Cody is referring to. I guess I "Dare" him to put it here.

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
                              so is the issue the $2,850 charges for the 'other' animals when they expected to pay 75/125 each?
                              I think the "culls" are called out in the original package. Looks like extra "trophys" were added. Or that's the way I understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                                I guess I will text Lammie and ask him if he cares to comment on this. It really doesn't seem like something he would do at all. Hopefully he will shed some light on this "CLAIM" against him. I still say he is a stand up guy and something is not right here.

The crazy part to me is that someone or anyone can post "I got a bad deal" on here and that's it 100% the guy that did it is a criminal. Tried, convicted, and hung all in 3 pages. I have never heard another bad word, report anything about Lammie or his operation. Don't the "scammers" typically get some negative feedback somewhere along the way? Y'all think ya got lucky and caught this "scammer" the first time he changed from good guy to world renowned criminal? Geez. Just because Lammie isn't an active TBH member and may not know or care to come on here and defend himself doesn't mean he is guilty.

Another thing that someone has already pointed out is who has ever left Africa without being paid in full? I sure didn't.
                                I have, but I have a good outfitter and they trusted me to pay my balance when I returned state side. I've since been back 3 times.

Comment

Working...
                                X