No announcement yet.

2018 Trad Harvest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisch you are wearing them out! Stay on them and finish strong.

Comment

Way to go guys!!

Comment

Wow, y’all have been busy! Congrats everyone!!

Comment

Congrats to all guys and gals! Zeke too!

Comment

Good grief! Y’all have been laying’em low this year. Congrats everyone!
            Well, after many fruitless hunts over a span of several years with hours and hours in the blind and on the practice line in my backyard... I finally made my first trad bow kill.
            This old guy is extremely happy right now. I’ve passed taking shots on lots of young 8 point bucks looking for a trophy buck or obvious cull on our place in Concho County. This year I made up my mind to take the first good shot at the first deer that stopped broadside. This youngster decided to help me out on Saturday morning. A 170 grain Zwickey Delta out of my 40 lb. TQ recurve blew completely through him and left an immediate blood Trail. We brought out the dog for trailing practice, but this little guy left a short 80 yard blood trail that you could follow at a steady walk. I’m unbelievably happy right now.
            Thank you to all of you who share your successes and guidance on this forum. That has inspired me to keep at it even when it was really tough.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nothing like your first!
              Good job.

Comment

Way to go pondboss. Your place near San Angelo. I’m in Sonora. If you are ever in the area, give me a shout and we can meet up for lunch, or to shoot or something!

Congrats on your first trad harvest!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Got a nice buck Friday. Shooting a Tolke Cerlew 54# @ 28, carbon arrows tipped with 225 grain Tuffhead. 12 yard shot, easy blood trail ended in about 50 yds.

Comment

Way to go pondboss, that’s gonna be some fine eating right there! You better take Bish up on his offer, you won’t find a better mentor!

Comment

Way to go DoublB20, very nice photo too.

Comment

Congrats BB20.

Comment

Pondboss that's an awesome first trad kill. Congratulations!

Gary

Comment

Nice buck DoubleB20. Congratulations on a short blood trail.

Gary

Comment

Congrats BB20, that’s a great looking buck and a cool photo...I really like that different perspective.

Thank you for the compliments and encouragement everyone.

Bisch, I would really enjoy meeting up with you sometime. Our place is out near Paint Rock. Angelo isn’t much of a drive and I’m guessing that you’re about an hour further.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleB20 View Post
                                Got a nice buck Friday. Shooting a Tolke Cerlew 54# @ 28, carbon arrows tipped with 225 grain Tuffhead. 12 yard shot, easy blood trail ended in about 50 yds.

Congrats Brian! He’s a fine buck!!!!

Yes, pondboss, I am about an hour straight south of San Angelo.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X